Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Proverbs 27:17 – “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”
These woman definitely sharpen me each and every week and I am so thankful for each one of them. If you don't belong to a home Bible Study group you are missing a BIG blessing.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Yes, one of the hardest parts of getting older is finding it harder to do things that require a lot of physical dexterity. The last major updates we did to our house were in April, 2008 when we changed the wallpaper in our kitchen, and changed the paint color on one wall in the living room and dining area when we had French Doors installed. Mickey had also repainted the exterior trim in the spring of 2007.
When we purchase our little home in Coweta in March of 1998 I just loved the little master bath with it's free standing sink, the flowery wall paper on the lower walls with white trim and walls above.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Mickey & I have had a Tr*ac*ph*one for the past years. An inexpensive one that we purchased at Wal*ly and we prepurchased minutes for a year at a time. We had no ability to text (what is that?!) nor could you leave us a message. I, who does not particularly like to talk on a telephone much anyway, was perfectly content with what we had and especially the fact it only cost us $10 a month. To me the purpose of a phone is to leave a message or tell someone something important that I need to tell them.
Monday, January 23, 2012
BUT we are!!!! We are so accustomed to think of everything in terms of how we relate here on earth. How we relate to each other. How we relate to events. How we relate to problems. How we relate to joys. How we relate to what we hear, see, feel, smell and taste - those 5 fleshly senses.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Once again participating in Spiritual Sunday. Go here to read other entries.
2. SPEAK without accusing. James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
3. GIVE without sparing. Proverbs 21:26 He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.
4. PRAY without ceasing. Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you.
5. ANSWER without arguing. Proverbs 17:1 Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.
6. SHARE without pretending. Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth, in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ.
7. ENJOY without complaint. Philippians 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings.
8. TRUST without wavering. I Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
9. FORGIVE without punishing. Colossians 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: ever as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
10. PROMISE without forgetting. Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick; but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Yes, this was suppose to be posted on Wednesday, but let's just say..........I'm running behind!!!
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? No, I did not. If you were a contestant what would your talent be? Playing the piano.
2. Do you have houseplants? Yes MANY. Real or fake? Real and my husband basically takes care of them :o)
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student? Oh, I was, an still am, definitely a speak up person!
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food? I prefer buffet and my favorite are egg rolls & chow mein with nuts.
5. How would you define a miracle? Something that is definitely in God's control and that we cannot do ourselves. What would it take for you to consider something a miracle? Not a lot because I believe we see miracles of God around us ALL the time.
6. What's your favorite Disney song? M-I-C-K-E-Y Mouse because of my husbands name.
7. I should have nothing yesterday. Because I do not run my life on SHOULD HAVES.
8. Insert your own random thought here. We spent last evening celebrating our dear friends, Jack & Mary's, January 15th BD, with another couple of dear friends, Don & Barbara. I am so very blessed with wonderful friends. What is one of your biggest blessings?
Thursday, January 19, 2012
There are those who have gone through the Bible and traced the story of Jesus.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
I have to be the most blessed woman on earth ------
1. I was blessed with wonderful Christian parents who not only loved me but taught me basic values and responsibilities. Who held me accountable from an early age.
2. I was blessed to find Jesus in a BIG WAY at the age of 18 and to be able to build my life around HIM.
3. I have been blessed to have shared 53 wonderful years with my wonderful husband, Mickey.
4. I am blessed to be the mother of 2 daughters, 2 sons, 2 granddaughters & 1 grandson.
5. I am blessed to have been nurtured, taught and grounded in MANY different churches over these many years.
6. And last, but certainly not least, I have been blessed with many wonderful long-time friends over my life.
This pitcher is just one example:
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Saw this on my friend Crystals blog and it looked different and fun so thought I'd give it a try.
RIght now, I am...
:: marveling At how much God loves me.
:: tired from cleaning our son's house on Thursday and still not total recuperated.
:: laughing after having just posted about cows running down our street the other day and police men and a patrol car "herding" them.
:: overwhelmed when I see the mess our country is in and not knowing if we are going to put someone in as President who can really make a difference.
:: pleasantly enjoying the wonderful life I have with my husband.
:: wondering just how many years we might have left here on earth.
:: grateful for the wonderful life we've had together these 53 years.
:: hearing the sound of the TV from the living room where my husband is watching TV
:: going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate some wonderful friends birthdays. The husband and wife share a January 15th birthday (and she is one year older - but don't tell her I told :o)
:: planning are having a less hectic week this week than we had last week.
:: digging around for new and different ideas to do in blogging......like this one!
:: sewing is definitely a thing of my past.
:: listening to be sure I'm in tune with God and what He speaks to me.
:: eating again after fasting liquids only for the first 12 days of this New Year.
:: saying I'm glad our after Christmas Christmas Party for our King's Kitchen ministry was Saturday night and a lot of fun but I wish more people would have come.
:: inspired on a daily basis with the wonderful woman God has placed in my life.
:: happy that we get to spend so much time with our youngest son and only grandson.
:: delighted to be hosting a Tuesday night Home Bible Study each week.
:: waiting to paint our second bathroom.
:: being able to save up our money for new hardwood floors for our living room.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Last Sunday morning as I walked into my bedroom to get ready for church I looked out the window to see two cows in our front yard!
A second patrol car arrives as yet another, third, cow has arrived in the yard across the street, and just to the south of us.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
God's promises were never meant to be thrown aside as waste paper; He intended that they should be used. God's gold is not miser's money, but is minted to be traded with. Nothing pleases our Lord better than to see His promises put in circulation; He loves to see His children bring them up to Him, and say, "Lord, do as Thou hast said." We glorify God when we plead His promises. Do you think that God will be any the poorer for giving you the riches He has promised? Do you dream that He will be any the less holy for giving holiness to you? Do you imagine He will be any the less pure for washing you from your sins? He has said "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Faith lays hold upon the promise of pardon, and it does not delay, saying, "This is a precious promise, I wonder if it be true?" but it goes straight to the throne with it, and pleads, "Lord, here is the promise, 'Do as Thou hast said.'" Our Lord replies, "Be it unto thee even as thou wilt." When a Christian grasps a promise, if he do not take it to God, he dishonours Him; but when he hastens to the throne of grace, and cries, "Lord, I have nothing to recommend me but this, 'Thou hast said it;'" then his desire shall be granted. Our heavenly Banker delights to cash His own notes. Never let the promise rust. Draw the word of promise out of its scabbard, and use it with holy violence. Think not that God will be troubled by your importunately reminding Him of His promises. He loves to hear the loud outcries of needy souls. It is His delight to bestow favours. He is more ready to hear than you are to ask. The sun is not weary of shining, nor the fountain of flowing. It is God's nature to keep His promises; therefore go at once to the throne with "Do as Thou hast said."
Saturday, January 14, 2012
I saw this sometime ago on someones blog and thought I'd do it someday. Today is that someday.
A. Age: 74
B. Bed size: Queen
C. Chore that you hate: Anything where I have to get on my hands and knees: cleaning the bathrooms.
D. Dogs: None
E. Essential start to your day: 2 devotional readings, reading from the Bible, reading a chapter of the current book, and prayer. My husband and I do this together.
F. Favorite color: Blue
G. Gold or Silver: Like both
H. Height: 5' 5 1/2" (use to be 5' 6 1/2" scrinking with age!!)
I. Instruments you play: Piano
J. Job title: Retired
K. Kids: 2 sons & 1 daughter living and 1 daughter in Heaven
L. Live: Small town of Coweta, OK
M. Make of car: HHR Chevy
N. Nicknames: Princess & Honey by my hubby - Mama, Mom, Grandma
O. Overnight hospital stays: Major chest surgery at age 18 - 4 childbirths - pneumonia - gall bladder surgery.
P. Pet peeves: People who always complain about their problems instead of our Victory in Christ.
Q. Quote from a movie: Haven't the fainest idea!!!
R. Right or left handed: Right
S. Siblings: 3 half-sisters (but 2 almost as old as my mother and more like aunts) 1 12 years older than I who I loved as my sister and adored.
U. Underwear: White cotton
V. Vegetable you hate: Okra (can't say I hate it, but don't like or eat it)
W. What makes you run late: Sometimes taking one last look at fb or blog :o)
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Several
Y. Yummy food that you make: 3 cheese chicken enchiladas
Z. Zoo animal: Monkeys
Friday, January 13, 2012
On Thursday, October 13th Mickey & I had the fun experience of having a little spot in being involved in the making of a commercial for Markwayne Mullin, a young man from our church who is running for Congress in Oklahoma's 2nd District.
This happened to occur during a visit when my forever, lifelong friend of 68 years from New Mexico was visiting. That made it even more special. I blogged about it here.
Here is the commercial. You'll have to look really close because it's just a brief second and if you blink you'll miss us!!!! We're sitting on a park bench and talking with Markwayne.
Markwayne Mullin commercial.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
GIFT - n. 1) something given; present. 2) the act of giving. 3) a natural ability; talent.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why?
Occupy - because it is being used, in my opinion, with a movement that is very harmful and destructive to our nation and is fostering and encouraging bad behavior on the part of most participants.
2. Are you easily embarrassed? No.
3. What is your go-to snack? The cookie jar. Not so these first 10 days of this new year as I am doing a liquid only fast. Hopefully, even when my fast is over I will leave the cookie jar alone for snacking.
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?
Yes, The Library of Congress. We actually saw it by accident because we asked a patrolman directions to the Supreme Court Bldg and in giving us directions he said we'd go by the Library of Congress and to stop there and go in. He said it was the most beautiful building in Washington and hardly anyone visited it. We took his advice and did so. I stood on the upper balcony and actually wept it was so beautiful. I then wrote in the visitor book, "I do not believe my eyes will behold such beauty until I get to heaven." and I meant it. I ALWAYS recommend The Library of Congress to anyone I know is going to visit D.C.
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least? lunges - I have never done a plank and never even heard of such a thing until recently. Don't believe I'll be doing one!!!
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten? It wasn't really that small, but one year our daughter Suzette talked to our other 3 children and they all went together and bought us a brand new ceramic top range with self-cleaning oven for Mother's & Father's day gift.
7. Have you ever been a blood donor? No. I went one time, in my early 20's, and when they tested my blood I was so anemic that they ended up giving ME a blood transfusion.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Since I am currently fasting I wonder how many reading this blog today have ever fasted and why?
Wednesday Hodgepodge is fun to participate in so go here to do so. Have a wonderful Wednesday.