Saturday, April 3, 2010

WE WIN

Yesterday was "one of those days".
One of those TESTS!!!
Mickey began to get ill on Wednesday evening so we didn't go to church. Thursday he slept most all the day on the couch. When he got up Friday morning he was so weak he could hardly walk from the bed to the kitchen. I wanted to take him to the VA hospital in Muskogee but he kept saying, "No." Finally, he felt so badly and felt like he was going to faint, and he said I better call 911. I called our faithful son, Marc, and then called 911. About 9 a.m. the ambulance came and took Mickey. Marc arrived, just as they were pulling out, and we followed the ambulance.

Just before I left the house I called our Pastor, and put a prayer appeal on FB. After calling 911 and the ambulance, I knew I had to get all our prayer warriors praying!!!!

At the hospital, they took 3 x-rays (2 chest & 1 abdomen), did an EKG, and took lots of blood. They ruled out the heart, which was our main concern since some of the symptoms had been like those prior to his bi-pass heart surgery 18 months ago. It was determined he had a virus and was dehydrated.

They wanted to check him into the hospital and keep him overnight but he was insistent he wanted to come home. Our church, Coweta Assembly, has been working hard on a drama presentation, CHOICES, and Friday was the first of 4 performances. Mickey had worked on the sets, and stayed for the dress rehearsal, Monday from 9 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. He was determined; I was going to be acting out my role in the production, and he was going to be there to see it because our family was scheduled to come. We were back home by 1:30 and began attempting to get him to drink lots of water and Pedielight.

The presentation began at 6. I had to be at the church by 5. Marc picked Mickey up as he and his new family came from Owasso. ALL of our family was in attendance: me in the play, Mickey in the audience with our 2 daughters, 1 son, 3 in-loves, 2 grand-daughters, 4 grand-sons, and 1 boy friend. 15 of us all together. The only one missing was our son, David, in San Francisco.

We felt, from the beginning, this was a satanic attack and ploy to keep the above from taking place..........he did not win..........we won....we ALWAYS win because

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." I John 4:4

If you read this blog and are within 35-50 miles of Coweta please come and see this presentation. You will not be sorry!!! It will be presented again tonight, Saturday, at 6 p.m. and then Easter Sunday at 10:45 a.m. & 6 p.m. Hope to see you there!!!!

YES, WE WON

&

WE WIN!!!!!!




post signature

10 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm so glad everything worked out. I know how hard you both have worked with this play and how important it was that you family come. I'll still be praying for Mickey.

Sunny said...

Susan, Thanks for your testamony and the message it gives. Glad Mickey is ok and you all got to be together. I am sure the Lord will bless the Choices drama production!

Mountain Mama said...

Woo-Hoo!!!! I love hearing about when Christians put the old boy in his place!
I pray that you and Mickey will stay strong and well now, and have a blessed Resurrection Day.

Mari said...

I'm so glad he is doing better. Satan lost that one!

Mary said...

Wow! Yes, Satan lost that one.

Unknown said...

What a Blessing and answer to prayer. Satan get thee behind me!!!

Kathy said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....and there are more to come!

Brenda said...

That's wonderful news, Susan. Glad that all your family were able to be there too.
Happy Easter!

Mary Lee said...

Great news and Happy Easter. He is risen!

Debra said...

So happy things finally started working out ok.

Praise the Lord for our wonderful risen Lord and Saviour!!!!