Friday, January 11, 2008

SHOW & TELL '08 #2 - Gift from Germany

I find it hard to believe this is the second Friday of 2008 already!!


So, it's time for all of us to do Show & Tell hosted by Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home. Go here to find out all about it, do your post, sign up on Mr. Linky and then have fun reading and see all the wonderful Show & Tell's that everyone posts. By the way, Kelli, I love the new Show & Tell graphic that your hubby did for you, and us!!!

"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift." II Corinthians 9:15

I know this verse speaks of Jesus and the unspeakable gift HE is to us from God. I also know that because I have the unspeakable gift of Jesus in my life I am also the beneficiary of many unspeakable gifts because of Him. My Show & Tell today is just such a gift.

(sorry it is a blur! but you can enlarge it)

The top left is a bag of Blue Sweet Peas

The lower left is the name tag on the gift

The lower right is a blank Christmas card in German.

The inside reads: "Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family, dearest Susan! Best wishes from Germany, Anita."



Wednesday the post man brought me these lovely items from Anita, of My Country Garden, from Germany!!!!!


This adorable Victorian Boot. It is so precious. Anita, the detail, the perfect stitches, the ribbon, the rosettes, the tiny pearls. Everything just so perfect. I am displaying this in my guest room, the one with the pink & white embroidered quilt I showed last week on Show & Tell. How perfect!!!!!


I have also hung the gift tag on the peg next to the Boot and I have the Christmas card now sitting on the shelf. Just didn't get the second picture after I placed these items. The seeds are waiting on my computer desk with the Lupine seeds :o)


Anita and I became good friends after I was blessed to win a drawing she had on her blog in July that I won. I, along with two others, won some of her lovely Lupine seeds. I was so delighted that she added the Blue Sweet Pea seeds to go along with the Blue Lupine seeds we will be planting this spring.


One year ago, January 9, 2007, I didn't even have a blog. If you had told me that day I would be receiving a gift from a FRIEND (I didn't even know) from Germany one year later I would have not believed it.


I am sure I speak for each and everyone of us in Blogland of what a joy and blessing our blogs have been to our lives. Best of ALL, the WONDERFUL friends we have been privileged to make.


Thank you Anita, from the bottom of my heart, for your thoughtfulness.


YOU are a found treasure!!!!


post signature

37 comments:

... said...

how cool. such nice gifts but the fact they came from a new (since last year at this time) blogger friend and germany, no less. it just goes to show you that God can even use the internet to bless us. thanks for sharing.

Diane Shiffer said...

I so agree... the internet is a wonderful way for us ladies to gather and support one another... to make new friends!

and the gifts are ever so lovely too:-)

Lori said...

You received a neat little gift package and all the way from Germany too.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs dear friend, Lori

Nora Lee said...

What wonderful gifts. God has blessed you richly.

~~Deby said...

Isn't such a blessing what blogging brings into your life when you love the Lord....
I agree...and a great way to share....love everything Susan.
Deby

TJ said...

I love sweet peas! What a neat gift. I don't know about you, but I would love it if my garden were half as nice as Anita's. But I'd definitely have to get rid of our dog to have that.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing Anita's work on her blog -- how fortunate you are to have something she has crafted! I agree, I am amazed at the friends I have made across the Internet.

Kathi said...

What lovely gifts, and so special from a blogging friend. I'm happy you shared them.
Thank you for stopping by my place.
Kathi

nancy said...

Anita is truly a treasure. You are blessed to have some of her beautifully made things.
Nancy

Anita said...

My dear Susan!

Thank you so much for this lovely post! You make me more than happy! I am so grateful for the way you appreciate the little gift I made for you!

Have a wonderful week-end!

Yours, Anita

Annie said...

What neat gifts! I love meeting so many people from all over blogging! (and YOU! practically my neighbor) :)

ellen b. said...

What a sweet treat! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Blessings...

Momma Roar said...

So lovely!

My, my, my, how far we've come in a year, huh? :) Who would have thought???

Have a blessed weekend Susan!!

Randi said...

Beautiful gifts! I am relatively new to blogging, also. Isn't it fun!?

Cjdusse said...

The gifts are beautiful. The display is perfect for the room with the beautiful quilt you showed last week.

nannykim said...

woweeekazoweee! I love anita's blog--you are so privileged!!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Anita is so sweet to send gifts to her blogger friends! She is very talented too. I like the little boot on the shelf, and it your guest room with the beautiful quilt!

Yes, our Christian blogger friends are gifts to us!

Katherine

Rose of Sharon said...

Wow, what awesome gifts! And they are so special because they are from Germany and from a sweet blogger friend. I agree, the friends we make while blogger are just so wonderful and special!

Hugs, Sharon

Dawn said...

This blogging community has become such a blessing to me, and so much fun. I'm glad we connected!

Muum said...

THose sound lovely. I am in the mood for some blue flowers, myself! thanks for swinging by my blog today!

the said...

You have gotten really neat gifts. Its amazing the nice people you can meet here!
Happy Weekend :)

Barb said...

Susan, you never cease to amaze me. I imagined you had been blogging for years! What precious gifts and precious, cherished friends you have made.

Your comments on my blog always brighten my day - just the fact that you read them and take the time to comment.

blessd be, Susan

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift and such a pretty card and gift tag too. I've met some lovely ladies through blogging it's such a blessings.
☆*´Sarah`*☆

Nadine said...

That's so sweet. Wow you have only been doing this for a year? It has been great to get to know you through blogland.

Mommy said...

Oh *how* nice! I love looking at Anita's blog, and to get a gift from her, is truly special. All the items she gave are beautiful!

Barbara said...

Very pretty boot. I wonder what you will comeup with to send to Germany.

Glad you enjnoyed the short walk.

Linda said...

Your friend Anita is a treasure as your are to her.

I bet you are looking forward to planting your seeds...when they bloom it will be another treaure from Germany.

Through our blogs we do meet the nicesest people...I enjoyed my visit. Linda

Unknown said...

great post. So glad we have met as well. I made an award on my blog to spread the love around to all friends. Maybe you would like to send that around. if so stop in and click the picture... it is in the post prior to show and tell. Have a great week. Thanks for your share. Blessings,

Mica

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Susan,

I for one am so glad that you decided to start blogging. You have NO idea how many people you bless with your words each and every day!

Glad to see you will be joining us for the Beth Moore Book Group!!! It is going to be great!

xoxo,
Melissa

TO BECOME said...

I love the beautiful boot. Yes, we are so blessed to have made so many great friends in blogland all over this great big world. I am so thankful. Thankful that you are my friend. connie from Texas

MightyMom said...

how sweet!!!!

Julieann said...

How fun--all the way from Germany--that is awesome!

julieann

Beach Girl said...

Precious treasures from precious friends.

Yes, it IS hard to believe that we are half way through January!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I love this story. I'm very new to blogging as I just began at the first of this year. It was fun reading your story. Thank you for sharing. What a very sweet gift.
-Cookie

Lynne said...

Beautiful and special gifts!
Blogging sure is a wonderful way to make friends around the world.

groovyoldlady said...

Hurray for bloggin friends!!!

Knit-Wit said...

I love that I can say I have friends all over the world!