The past 2 years, our Pastor has given us a Phrase for a Goal for our Church for the year. In 2007 it was "Not without Jesus". 2008 was "I want More". I was waiting for Church yesterday to see what the Phrase would be for this year and going to post about these. This year he didn't really speak about a phrase but during his sermon he made the statement "I'm Here for HIM". I love that and am going to be repeating this Phrase throughout the year to remind myself.
For both 2007 & 2008 I noticed some of you choosing a WORD for yourself for the New Year. I had not done that before but am going to participate in this for 2009. The word the Lord laid on my heart is Unity. I was torn between Perseverance, Remnant & Unity.
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect, man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ." Ephesians 4:13
Unity - (yoo-ni-tee) - noun
1. the state of being one; oneness.
2. whole or totality as combining all its parts into one.
3. the state of fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification.
4. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character.
5. oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.
So, "I'm Here for HIM" to be used use as He chooses in bringing us together in Unity. I am eager to see how God developes me in this word and this word in me.
Have you picked a word or phrase for 2009? I'd love to hear what God is putting on your hearts.