Monday, March 30, 2009

COMMENTS on Pump Up Your Life Seminar

Thanks for all the sweet confirming comments you left about the Woman's One Day Seminar our Church held Saturday.


I was asked several questions that I wanted to answer here:

Brenda asked: "Was this something your church put on and invited the guest speaker or is it a special program?" I answered this in the comments but some of you may not read all the comments so wanted to answer it here. Yes, it was put on by the 5 member Women's Ministry Council of our church. ALL of the 16 speakers are just woman from our church. Although there were 12 different subject choices several of the topics had more than one speaker. I shared the time on Pump Up Your Marriage Partnership with another gal who has been married 30 years and survived 7 building ventures. She spoke for 15 minutes and then I spoke for 15 minutes and then we had a 10 minute Question & Answer session. The guest speaker was an invited "guest" from outside our church body.

MeMaw said: "Maybe you could post something about which you presented?" & Momma Roar said: "I hope you'll be willing to share some of it here!" Those that have been reading my blog for the 2 1/2 plus years have probably heard it ALL as I speak often about my marriage and our family. I realize I have many new readers and I will put together a post on just this topic.




Kristie asked: "Did anyone record it?" and

Ginger said : "What no video to share of what you taught on?" No, it was not recorded or video taped. Probably a good thing because if I had to watch myself it would probably mortify me and I wouldn't be willing to do it again :o) I don't even like to hear my own voice!!!

Minpinmom asked: "Were you nervous speaking?" I was asked on Sunday the 15th if I would speak and I immediately replied, "Yes" so I had 13 days to think about it and mull it over in my mind. Immediately the Lord began to give me things I knew needed to be included. I finally got around to putting it down on paper on Tuesday the 24th (well typing it into Word. You know I am PENLESS WRITER!!!). I typed it out and then practiced it on Mickey on Wednesday and then again twice on Friday. I was not nervous about it at all until Friday and then I began to have a few nerves about it. You know all those lies satan tries to fill our mind with: Will I do it well enough?: Will I cry? Will I make a fool of myself? You know it;s all coming from the lies of satan because all these thoughts were centered around the "I"!!!! I kept speaking back that it wasn't about me, that it was about me allowing God to use me and in my weakness was HIS strength.



Even Saturday morning I was fine.......UNTIL.....I pulled into the parking lot at church and saw all the cars and realized how many woman were in there!!! I suddenly began to actually shake. When I walked in and signed my name on the name tags we all wore my hands were so shaky I could hardly write. I told the woman who asked me to speak how nervous I was and she said, "You'll do just fine." Then one of my dear, DEAR friends, Bible Study group member, and Prayer Warrior Intercessor came up and I said, "Oh, Wantha Ann, I'm sooo nervous. Be sure and remember to pray for me at 10 o'clock." She said, "We're praying right now!! She took my hands and we stood in the throng of women milling all around us and she prayed a mighty pray. As soon as she finished I was fine and never had another nervous moment or thought. Praise God for Christian friends and especially those who partner with us in prayer.

Our wonderful Pastor had just finished a preaching series on finding our "Gifting" and I had just taken a Motivational Gifts Survey that showed my gifting tied for both Teaching & Exhortation. We did not hand these in and no one knew my results except Mickey & I. I have always been comfortable speaking out in a small group setting, Mickey & I had a Bible Study in our home a few years ago and I was most comfortable leading in that, I do not have any trouble at all "speaking out" on my blog, but I had never been called upon to speak to a group of people, most of whom I did not personally know. When I was asked to speak I KNEW it was God saying to me, "Okay, Susan, I'm asking you to step out in faith and do what I'm calling and have equipped you to do." That's why I immediately said "okay" instead of doing the "religious" thing we so often do of: "Well, let me pray about it and I'll get back to you." I knew better than that!!!!

I'm glad I stepped out in that faith, I'm glad a was asked to speak, and my prayer is God will use me again when and as He sees fit to do.

post signature

9 comments:

Nadine said...

I'm glad it was such a positive experience for you Susan. I've been your blog for a while and you have many wonderful things to share on marriage. Look forward to your post.

Brenda said...

Stepping out in faith is one of the hardest things, but also very rewarding and peaceful once you yield.

Mari said...

I love what you said about being prayed over. What a blessing.

... said...

what a wonderful day for your women's ministry to put on. i love the "pump" theme.

i'm sure you were the perfect woman to speak on marriage and i'm sure you blessed every woman who heard you.

i would have been very nervous. it's funny (or not)... i used to speak quite often in front of groups, but the older i get, the less comfortable i am with it. i get very nervous.

thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a really wonderful experience for you. I remember having to present someone for baptism and speaking in front of the church. Even though most of the church was my family or people I had known forever, satan tried to really do everything to mess things up and he failed! LOL!

Unknown said...

You are right! We who have read your blog have learned how precious your Mickey and your marriage are to you! blessings to you sweet Susan.

Maxine said...

How did I miss this? Wow. What a blessing for you to be able to share with others that way. I'm sure not only it was a blessing for you but other were mighty blessed. I'm sure the Lord used you.

Angela Baylis said...

Oh my goodness! I just saw you comment on Jill Inc.'s blog that you have your 2007 and 2008 on c.d.s Do you think you could possibly help this girl in Michigan? I'm dying to figure out how you did it!! Please? I'm begging you!

By the way, sorry... I'm Angie and it's SO nice to meet you! I will go read your blog now! :)

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Debra said...

Nothing like the power of prayer to strengthen and help us in the time of need!