Friday, January 1, 2010

A NEW YEAR -2010

I love a new year.

I love knowing that God is giving me 365 blank pages for this New Year. I am keenly aware of the challenge and responsibility that places on me to choose, each and every day, what I write on that page. I am aware that I cannot turn back the hands of time or have "do overs" for that day.


Most of what I write on that page is totally under my control with the choices and decisions I make. Events can and do happen some days, of which I have no control, BUT I have the choice as to how I react to those events; so in the final analysis I do the writing on my page.


I can also do a good job of messing up someone else's clean page, depending on these very choices I make. The privilege of these clean pages do come with responsibility not only for myself but for others. That is something I must be keenly aware of each and every minute for this page.


I have been blessed to have a lot of these blank pages over my long life and some of them I have messed up terribly, but Praise God I have also written good things on a lot of them. Knowing all this, I take very seriously these precious new 365 pages that I am getting for 2010.


post signature

13 comments:

Just Mom said...

Oh if this were Facebook, I'd be clicking the "Like" button.

:-D

Mary said...

Hard to believe it is 2010, isn't it?

Maxine said...

Susan, what a profound way to think of the 365 days before us! You have given me much to think about, especially the part about how what we write on a page affects others. God bless you as you write those pages this year, and all the rest of us. Thanks for the good food for thought.

Jenileigh said...

Happy New Year friend!

Brenda said...

I like your analogy, Susan. A blank page every day, great perspective.
Hugs!

retha said...

Looking forward to hear and see about the wedding!
Here, most churches have a midnight service.
Yes, decisions bring responsibility and to know it can all be erased make the blank page even more inviting.

michelle said...

I've been away for a while and let me tell you what a treat to click back over and read a post like this.

I need to see the blank page filled with new opp opposed to the past pages strewn with mistakes!

Nadine said...

Nicely said Susan. A blank page every day is a good thing.

Sandra said...

I really like the part of being aware of how we affect others blank pages.

Bobbi said...

Happy New Year, Susan! I'm so glad I came across your blog sometime ago. :) It blesses me every time I'm here.
Hugs-
Bobbi

Debra said...

May all your pages be filled with joy this year!

Tina said...

Hi Susan, I responded to your comment on the blog post with the slide show. :) May God bless your day!!!

Tiffany said...

I love this. It speaks of the responsibility that we are to all take on. So many times we get caught up in the me part of writing that page and forget that our actions have consequences for others as well. Sometimes we forget to put on love, and we end up "messing up someone elses clean page" as you said. We need to be mindful of that so we are not a stumbling block for someone else. Great word for the day! ~Blessings!