This past Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. the WOW Woman met at my home for our weekly Bible Study.
This was a special Tuesday evening because we had finished up the book we had been studying , Born for Battle by R. Arthur Mathews, the Tuesday before and we decided to take a one-week break for a Party/Social time and to make a decision on what to study and do next.
Sorry I didn't get pictures of the other 10 of us: Thelma, Betty, Jeanne, Wantha or myself. I'm not a good photographer because I get to involved in the "occasion" and forget to take pictures!!! At one point I picked up the camera again, but they were all in the midst of eating and I said, "I won't do that to you!" then promptly forgot to even think of pictures by the time the eating had stopped.
When it came time to discuss what to do next we had so very many good ideas:
1. A dvd & workbook series - Feasts of the Lord by Mark Biltz
2. A cd series by Benny Hinn - Feasts of Israel
3. The book - Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets - We dismissed this one because Jeanne, Thelma, Betty & I had studied this book previously.
4. A 1983 cd series The Authority of the Believer by Kenneth Copeland
5. A Bible Study topic of our choice - vs by vs.
6. Different members of the group taking a week by rotation and bringing a topic and subject of their choice.
7. The book - Crazy Love by Francis Chan
MUCH discussion and we were having difficulty making a decision so we voted by secret paper vote. We were to write down our choice and if we desired we could choose a 1st & 2nd choice.
The final results were:
1. Crazy Love 7
2. Feasts of the Lord & workbook 4
3. Authority of the Believer, Bible book by verse, & Topic of rotation all got 2
Then Britney suggested we do the Crazy Love book but have some breaks inbetween when someone else takes the week for a special topic and we all thought that was a great idea.
We are taking next Tuesday off, because it is election day and 3 of us work the polling places from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.!!! We will begin our newest study on Tuesday, October 11th.
This group started out with 12 of us and one girl dropped out after the first week due to the long traveling distance from her home to mine. Over the course of our meeting we have added 3 more woman. We will begin this newest study and group with 13 if us. We usually average 10 to 12.
I'm excited about this very challenging area of study and where The Lord will lead us. I know when a commitment is made to REALLY begin to look at the issue of "lukewarmness" our enemy will be doing anything and everything he can to hinder or stop what God is wanting to do. He (our enemy) wants us to be lukewarm but we know God says "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16 Lord may each and everyone of us 13 be RED HOT for YOU.