1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why?
Occupy - because it is being used, in my opinion, with a movement that is very harmful and destructive to our nation and is fostering and encouraging bad behavior on the part of most participants.
2. Are you easily embarrassed? No.
3. What is your go-to snack? The cookie jar. Not so these first 10 days of this new year as I am doing a liquid only fast. Hopefully, even when my fast is over I will leave the cookie jar alone for snacking.
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?
Yes, The Library of Congress. We actually saw it by accident because we asked a patrolman directions to the Supreme Court Bldg and in giving us directions he said we'd go by the Library of Congress and to stop there and go in. He said it was the most beautiful building in Washington and hardly anyone visited it. We took his advice and did so. I stood on the upper balcony and actually wept it was so beautiful. I then wrote in the visitor book, "I do not believe my eyes will behold such beauty until I get to heaven." and I meant it. I ALWAYS recommend The Library of Congress to anyone I know is going to visit D.C.
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least? lunges - I have never done a plank and never even heard of such a thing until recently. Don't believe I'll be doing one!!!
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten? It wasn't really that small, but one year our daughter Suzette talked to our other 3 children and they all went together and bought us a brand new ceramic top range with self-cleaning oven for Mother's & Father's day gift.
7. Have you ever been a blood donor? No. I went one time, in my early 20's, and when they tested my blood I was so anemic that they ended up giving ME a blood transfusion.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Since I am currently fasting I wonder how many reading this blog today have ever fasted and why?
Wednesday Hodgepodge is fun to participate in so go here to do so. Have a wonderful Wednesday.