Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day - May 13, 2012

Jacque & Benny hosted Mother's Day at their home.  They catered Rib Crib Bar-be-que: chicken, pulled pork and beef, cold slaw, baked beans, Texas toast, pickles, onions, & peppers.  Benny made a big batch of his own delicious potato salad.  Chocolate & apple pie.  Marc paid for 1/2 of the catering.

(Sorry the pictures are so dark)
 Dave - Aric - Benny
Get a load of Aric's new tennis shoes!!
 Mickey - Marc
 Jacque - Susan
You can tell this was NOT a posed picture!!!  That's the real us.
 Reading Jacque & Benny's sweet card with these words:
Mom, I want you to know that you're as great at being a friend as you've always been at being a mom.
The same warmth that was there for me when I was little is there for me now when I need a little encouragement or ego boost.   The same cheerleading and belief in me when I was in school is there for me now, just as needed and just as appreciated.  We're so close that I consider you not only my mom but my lifelong friend-that one who's always in my corner and on my side..the one I'm always going to need and love.  Happy Mother's Day
Signed:   I Love You with all my heart!  Jacque
Love, Bennie

You all know how much I treasure cards and words.  These blessed me so!!
(picture of their gift below)


Reading my Gift Certificate from Marc & Aric

Certificate of Appreciation for the BEST Mother
This certificate is awarded to
Susan Joyce
in recognition of valuable contributions to raising the Joyce Family which we all know was not an easy task.

Also redeemable with this certificate is one week day lunch and afternoon shopping trip to chose the white sandals of your choice
all compliments of your forever loving son.
Signature:  Marc   5/13/12
Signature:  Aric 5/13/12

(My scanner just went on the fritz when I tried to scan the card & certificate - bummer!)

My lovely new top & pant outfit from Jacque & Benny.
I always liked it when my girls brought me clothes because they have such good taste.

Of course, we had that empty chair at the table which was a sad reminder but it was still a lovely
Mother's Day 2012!
post signature


8 comments:

Mari said...

Oh Susan - what a wonderful day. I know how much those words meant to you. The gifts are wonderful, but heartfelt words are the best!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I am so happy you had such a blessed mother day!

Marti said...

You are blessed, you are loved.

Brenda said...

Love the closeness of your family. Have fun shopping for your new sandals.
btw, not only are Aric's shoes the coolest...so are Mickey's socks!

retha said...

Was going to say I noticed the shoes then you mentioned it.
Like how Marc is sitting in the reclined and Mickey one the ottoman, definitely an indication of how easy you related to each other.

Oklahoma Granny said...

A belated Happy Mother's Day to you. Pictures like those are what memories are made of.

Jenileigh said...

Hey Susan, I want to read a new book. Could you give me a few recommendations? Thanks!

pearlie said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day. Very lovely pictures!