Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dake's Annotated Reference Bible

About 4 years ago I was made aware of the Dake's Annotated Reference Bible and desired to have one.  We priced them, on several occasions, and found them to be outside our price range.  BUT my God who said: Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LOES; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." did just that!!!


 What is this ????  This is the solid, plain back cover of the Dake's Bible I was given by a very dear friend.  Several months after our beloved friend, Jack Edwards,  passed away on August 14th last year several of us got together, including Jack's wife, Mary, for pizza.  After our outing Mary asked us to come by her house because she wanted to give me something.  When we got there she proceeded to say, "I know how much you've wanted to have a Dake's Bible and I want you to have this one that belonged to Jack.  I know Jack would want you to have it."
  
I scanned through this lovely gift but, as you can see, the print is very, very tiny, and I decided I didn't think we could use it on a daily basis.  In March of this year I pulled it out and used it to do some research on the topic of The Kingdom of God for my WOW Woman's Tuesday night Bible Study. 

Mickey & I just finished reading through The Scoffield Bible again yesterday.  He was given that Scoffield on March 27, 1959 by our Pastor when he was saved. 

I told Mickey when we finished Revelation 22 yesterday and sat the Scoffield back on the book shelf that we were going to begin reading through the Dake's


So this morning, June 6, 2013, with magnifying glass, red pen and table in hand we began!!!  I told Mickey we may never finish this reading before Jesus takes us home, but we'll go as far as we can.

So, this morning we got through this much : a. Preface - b. Summary of Genesis -c. The  First Book of Moses, Called Genesis - d. Chapter 1 - e. The Creative Ages (Gen. 1:1-2:25). f. I. Original creation made perfect and inhabited (Isa. 45:1-8). "The world that then was" (2Pet.3:5-8) - g. vs 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. - h. II. Earth made chaos: end of earth's first perfect state and first sinful career because of Lucifer's rebellion.  Overthrow of "the world that then was" (2 Pet.3:5-8; Jer. 4:23-26) -  i. vs 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.  And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.- AND k. 18 proofs of a pre-Adamic world - l. 20 Contrats between the 2 floods comparing Lucifer's and Noah's 
(No way could I copy here all that the preface(a) the summary (b), k & l said so just gave the headings.)

WHEEEEEE - this is going to be so great.   We made it through Genesis 1:1 & 2.
I am happy, excited, eager & ready for this in-depth reading and study. 

post signature

2 comments:

Mari said...

I have never heard of Dake's but I'm going to have to look into it, since you've given it such a glowing report!

retha said...

I am so happy with you for this Susan ma'am. That is one I would have wanted to have for many years too. It is the $ in my case R(rands)that is making me think about the purchase.
Enjoy!