Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yet Another Meme

A is for age: 69
B is for books: Love books and reading
C is for career: Retired but work as staff accountant for CPA
D is for dad's name: Henry Errett
E is for essential items to bring to a party: Deviled Eggs
F is for favorite song at the moment: I Can Only Imagine
H is for hometown: Santa Fe, New Mexico
I is for instruments you play: Piano
.J is for jam or jelly you like: Peach
K is for kids: 2 Girls & 2 Boys - All grown
L is for living arrangements: 1 story stone 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath, 2 car garage, BIG yard
M is for moms name: Paulina Errett
N is for name of your best friends: Joan
O is for overnight hospital stays: 4 births, 1 chest surgery, 1 gall bladder surgery
P is for phobia[s]: Hate snakes. Is that a phobia?
Q is for quote you like: "Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little"
R is for relationship that lasted the longest: Forever friend - 63 years: Marriage - 48 years: Couple friendship - 31 years
S is for siblings: 3 older 1/2 sisters
T is for best trait: Caring & Compassionate
U is for unique trait(s): Ability to discern.
V is for vegetable you love: Asparagus
W is for worst trait: Talking too much
X is for x-rays you've had: Chest and back
Y is for yummy food you make: Beef Strogonoff
Z is for favorite animal at the zoo: Lions

FIRSTS:
First job: Answering phone in my father Real Estate office.
First funeral: My father-in-love
First piercing: And only - ears at age 23
First tattoo: NEVER!
First credit card: Don't remember the name but it was to buy a TV
First favorite musician/band: Elvis Presley

LASTS:
Last movie watched: Passion of Christ
Last beverage drank: Glass of milk
Last food consumed: Doughnut
Last phone call: Daughter Suzette
Last CD played: Vern Jackson
Last website visited: Seeds in My Garden

Single or Taken: Taken
What do you miss? My parents being alive
Hair color: Gray
Natural color: Gray use to be light brown
Eye color: Hazel
Makes you sad? Seeing our values & morals declining in this great country we live in.

20 comments:

Lori said...

That was fun to learn more about you. Thanks for sharing. I posted this one last week one day.

Mountain Mama said...

We certainly do have a lot in common. Each time I read your blog I find more. Thanks for sharing this. It's really nice to get to know you.
Blesings

Linds said...

I really enjoyed this! It is so nice to find out more about you> I must remember to do this one too soon.

someone else said...

What a fun meme. I may do that one in the next week or two. I'll let you know when it's up.

Momma Roar said...

I liked this meme - I'll get around to it one of these days - I still want to do the homemaking one, too!!

Momma Roar likes lions too!! he he

Debbie said...

Susan, thanks for sharing this. You know, there just aren't enough people making deviled eggs anymore! And they're the first plate to be emptied at a party.

It's so special to see your long-lasting relationships. Wonderful!

marallyn ben moshe said...

wow penless i loved that...mind if i use it on my blog too??? wonderful fun coming to visit your blog...have a great day

Tina said...

I love that song. I cry every time I hear it. I long to play the piano. We have one, and maybe one day when the kiddos are married, I will learn how to play it.

Candy said...

Hi!!! :)
Loved reading this and getting to know you more :)
Oh I agree with the last one....that makes me sad too!
Love ya,
candy

Just Mom said...

Mmmmmm .... Beef Strogonoff. Believe it or not, that use to be my favorite item to order in a restaurant when I was 12. It made me feel so grown up. :-)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love your meme! I really, really agree with you on what makes you sad. Such a shame isn't it?

Leann said...

Hi susan.thanks for stopping on my blog.it was nice to see your smiling face on my comments.I read your profile its cool.you did the things Id love to do.I wanted to have a RV and travel.put a big picture of Jesus on it and witness for him as I go.
but didnt get to yet.

Iam so glad you have a good marriage.I see so few that its a blessing to see they really out there.

God bless Ill be back.

Unknown said...

I loved the quote you cited: Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little"

I also am saddened right along with you and many of our other blog sister, at the declining morals in our country.

Sandy said...

I liked reading this one! I'm going to have to give one of these a try sometime!

Carole Burant said...

Hi Susan:-) I've only been away for a few days but it feels like a month! lol Now I'm trying to get caught up with everyone. I've read all your posts I'd missed...I so enjoyed the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier post!! So very interesting. I loved your answers to this meme, learned so many things about you:-) xox

Brittany said...

Did you realize there is no "G"???

Susan said...

Leave it to a sharp 11 year old to catch this mistake!!!! None of the rest of us did. Or were you just not mentioning it!!! Let's see: G is for: golly I made a mistake. hehe

pearlie said...

I got here from Missy's blog. I enjoyed reading this one :) thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Pearlie - Thanks so much for coming by. Was I shocked when I linked onto your site and then onto Missy's site to find out she is from Oklahoma, too. What a small world and what a wonderful full circle this blogging is.

Welcome, and I hope you'll come back.

pearlie said...

Penless, I think you got mixed up between Missy and Milly but I think it does not matter because you made a new friend :)