Saturday, July 14, 2007

AND THE WINNING OPTION IS...............????

Here are the four of us Monday morning, July 9th all set to leave Tulsa and head for Kansas City, MO and a fun few days at Worlds of Fun & Oceans of Fun amusement & water parks. The sun was in Aric's eyes and he was not cooperating :o) Mickey is holding our map instructions so we don't get lost. (click on pictures to enlarge)




We are by our beautiful 1993 Cadillac Eldorado with only 81,102 miles on it. Little did we know when this picture was taken that 2 days and 300 miles later this car would have to be towed from the Oceans of Fun parking lot to a Cadillac dealership. The unfortunate diagnose the transmission is out. I posted here about our 5 options. Car troubles are never pleasant....but they are certainly compounded when you are on vacation, in a city 300 miles from home, with an 8 year old grandson and 12 year old granddaughter you are hoping to show a good time.



Well, I think I've held you all in suspense long enough as to which option we chose. And the winner is Option 3 - Buy a new car!








This picture was taken at 12:30 p.m. July 12, 2007 as we were preparing to drive off with this.

She is a 2007 Chevy HHR. The color is "Sunburst Orange Metallic" and the enterior is called "Cashmere" (a very light tan). To me she is Cooper colored. We got to the dealership about 6:30 Wednesday after Mickey had rented a car, picked me and the grands up, (sunburned, sore, very tired and full of junk food only since breakfast) and a good dinner.


The minute we walked on the lot to begin looking, and after meeting the sales person Mickey had talked to earlier, I spotted this car. We had bought a new Lincoln in 1976 that was almost this exact same color and I had loved that car. We looked at most of the Chevy line, drove this one and a dark blue Malibu and liked this one the best.


The dealership closed at 8 and we left about 8:35. We were not going to make a decision until we had prayed about it, slept over it, and of course I was even able to enlist prayer warriors via my blog and the handy-dandy computer in the motel lobby at 4 a.m.!!!! My portion of the sleeping over it was very short!!!!! 4 hours to be exact.


I knew this had taken us very much by surprise but I knew it was not a surprise to our Father God!! While I was typing my blog and asking for prayer the Lord just dropped in my Spirit this thought "I wouldn't have you here in Kansas City with a broken down vehicle at a Cadillac-Chevy dealership if you weren't suppose to buy a Cadillac or Chevy". Mickey and I both felt, almost from the beginning that the '93 was not worth pouring a huge amount of money into and it would be best to bite the bullet and buy a new vehicle. Our biggest concern was we hadn't looked at cars in years and here we were limited to the GM product only. Wasn't the "practical" thing to do would be to look at various makes and models, compare all the features, prices, etc. and then deside? See how easily we fall into the mind and our "thinking" and conditioning take over!!!!! No this was our answer. The Cadillac was economically out of the question for us on a fixed income. Now it was just a matter of which Chevy did we like, want and felt would fit our needs.


It just so happened (don't believe that for a moment either!!) that two of the couples we run around with had just recently bought HHR's!!! One a black one and the other got a gold metallic. They were both delighted with their purchases, comfort wise, mileage wise, ride, etc. Believe me Jack & Mary, and Don & Carol, that gave us great comfort!!!



We walked back into the dealership at 8:30 Thursday morning. Had them call our sales person on the phone and she was there in about 15 minutes. By 12:30 we were driving off the lot and heading home with our new jewel.



We cannot say enough for the dealership and how effeciently, professionally and kindly they handled our transaction. You know it's not easy to trade-in a car when you don't even have the title on you, you live in another city, etc. None of these factors were any problem with them. They even called our Insurance company and had the coverage transferred to our new vehicle for us.


We, our grandkids and our new vehicle are now safe and sound back home in Tulsa where we found we had an additional 4" of rain which completely finished off Mickey's lovely garden. Oh well, next years another year.........but we don't plan to be buying another vehicle next year. Ooops...better never say never, Mickey's pick-up has a lot of miles on it, and so do WE!!!

26 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Oh Susan - it's perfect - it's you!! I love it!

It is so neat that you got a picture of yourselves in front of your Caddy before you left.

Sunburst orange metallic - perfect! :D

Now when I see one, I will definately be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm very thankful that the Lord's hand was upon you. He is the provider of all our needs. You never cease to amaze me at how you recognize that every situation is totally in His hands. I only wish I could be so quick to see that in my life. I waste way too much time trying to figure things out and worrying.
You are such a wise woman and a great testimony to all.
Love the car and go glad you are home again.
Thanks for sharing and reminding me to look up and trust.

Lallee said...

God likes to keep things simple when we listen to Him, doesn't he? Your granddaughter must think she has the coolest grandparents in that spiffy car ;-)

Rita Loca said...

I do love the new look here! Sharp!

Pen of Jen said...

Leigh Ann said it so true!...It is you:)

I love the car, but more importantly the faith you have shown once again in the Lord.

You are so right, God always is in control, and has a plan. Thank you for sharing your path..including prayer, as it is an example to us all!

BTW The car is awesome...and you and Mickey shall have many fn excursions in it!

Just Mom said...

Wow. Talk about a memorable vacation. I bet the grandkids had tons of fun wondering what grandma and grandpa were going to do about their poor Caddy. I would have had fun at the dealership. :-D

You two look very cool and very happy next to your new ride. I'm glad you made it back home safe.

Anonymous said...

Susan and Mickey... Really liked your new car, thanks for comming yesterday so we could ride in it and share dinner with you. Also like your new blog look... The FP looks like the house just off 33rd West Ave. Have a wonderful day.

Don

Tammy said...

Oh congratulations! I love the picture of you both standing in front of it! :D

Valarie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love how the Lord has linked all of us sisters together!! He's so Creative!!! LOVE IT!

I LOVE that new car too!!
Come back soon.
In Him -
Val

... said...

i'm so glad everything worked out. it's a nice looking vehicle. i'm not sure i ever seen one of these. but i know you'll look so cool riding around town and on your different trips. enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new car! I always love the smell of "new".

Lyndy said...

Oh I love it, that color is beautiful. My cousin has one of those, hers is silver and she loves it.

You trusted and the Lord provided. I love how you share your heart and your faith.

Hugs, Lyndy

someone else said...

That's a wonderful new car! I especially like the picture of the two of you. You're such an adorable couple.

Ruth said...

Congrats on your new vehicle! It looks cute and practical. Have fun 'stylin' all over town!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Congrats on the new car purchase...you look great next to it!

Momma Roar said...

I just love this post - and I want to be like Ginger (and leave multiple comments) God is amazing and always has us in His hands!

Also, I love your new chick on your sidebar!!

Lori said...

Love your new car. Congrats
With God's guidance...I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Anonymous said...

Love your chick...she's great!

Susie said...

Beautiful new car, and I love the picture of you in front of the old and the new!
Love your new template also!

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so happy! Can you hear me squealing??? God is good! But I kept thinking "What a change, from a good sized Caddy to a small Chevy"! But with God in it, the ajustment can be fun, not difficult!

Now wait until I tell my daddy this story! He wants a HHR so badly!

Susie said...

What a fun looking car! You just have the best attitude, and it truly shows in this post. I don't think I've ever seen that make of car, but obviously you would make a great promoter for the advertisers. I loved reading about your decision making with your husband. You put God in charge and he led you to your choice-Amen.

Anonymous said...

Susan, I love the car!! I am so happy that every thing worked out so well in the end.

I appreciated your thoughts about the situation, as well... that everything would happen according to God's purpose and that he is for us, not against us, and that everything would be alright in the end. You know, I am a worrier, and I have been worrying about our Suburban on this upcoming Disneyland trip!! So I am going to remember all that you said!! =)

Larissa said...

Congrats on the new car!!! By the way I love the little cartoon pics of you. (penless writer chick) those are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Susan...Very Very Cool! I love this car...a friend of mine has one and has had wonderful luck, so I wish you the same. It's very of similar to my PT Cruiser which, as documented in my post today, had a very tough night! But, I expect them to be able to fix her up and keep on rollin'. Enjoy & Good Luck!

Kristie said...

CUte Wheels!!!!!!!! love the look of your sidebar TOO!!!

Barbara said...

Hope you have many, many trouble free miles in your new car. As you can see I am catching up with your blog after being away.