Thursday, May 1, 2008

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER & PRAYER GROUP

Today is the National Day of Prayer. I trust many of you participated in this. We will be going to our church, Coweta Assembly of God, tonight at 7:00 for the city wide services that are being held there for Coweta.



I doubt that many of you know this, but the current National Day of Prayer was signed into being in 1952 under President Truman. The driving force behind the movement for this was Vonette Bright, wife of the late Dr. Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ. Bill Bright was born right here in Coweta!!!! We are very proud of that fact.



I am re posting below the part of my yesterdays post that was about a 24/7 Prayer group that I am starting here in blogland. As of writing this there are 5 of us that have committed to this. There are several others who are praying about it. I thought because it was at the bottom of yesterdays post that maybe some of you overlooked it.



How ever many God has chosen for this is what we will start with. If it is just the current 5 that's okay because Zac. 4:10 states: "For who hath despised the day of small things?" & Jesus changed the world with 12 disciples.



In connection with what God is doing here in Coweta, He has put it on my heart to start a 24/7 (24 hours 7 days a week) Prayer group here on blogland. I know that a great many of you who read my blog are prayer's.


The purpose of this post is to see how many of you would be interested in becoming involved with this and make a commitment toward doing it? I would wish that people would commit for a 1/2 hour or hour time slot, but will accept those who feel they can only give 15 minutes. I know that we are spread out through many different parts of the world, and many different time zones. We will use the international time zone to fill all the spots. Once we get it set up I will start a new blog consisting of just these prayers.


I will go into more detail after I find out how many of you wish to participate. Please let me know when you comment if you are interested. If your e-mail address is not on your blog please also leave that for me so I can contact you directly and privately.


The Lord had put this on my heart some time ago, but with going on our trip and being out of pocket I knew I needed to wait until I could devote my undivided attention to what God was calling me to do. I find it not at all unusual that I am posting this 1 day before our National Day of Prayer, on May 1st!!!! God's plans and orchestration is so marvelous and beyond our understanding.


To sum this all up: First, and most importantly PRAY about this. Then: 1)If you are a prayer and 2) interested in joining in with this 24/7 prayer group and 3) are willing to commit to a set time each and every day or night to pray for 15, 30 or 60 minutes, 4) please let me know by leaving me a comment to that effect & 5) please be sure I have your e-mail address.
Father God I ask you to call forth the Intercessory Prayer Partners that YOU have chosen for this calling and purpose, for this particulate time and group. In my Saviors precious, precious name I pray. Amen

7 comments:

... said...

i returned your email, susan. i look forward to being a part of this.

Dawn said...

I would definitely like to be a part of this - there are so many needs just from our blog friends alone. There are so many needs in our families, our churches, our nation, our world. Thank you for being sensitive to the Lord's voice.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

I would like to be a part...mid day would be a great slot for me, if that works into the schedule.
My email address is scooterblu@yahoo.com. God Bless! ~ Rhonda

Unknown said...

Yes, Susan, definitely yes! I want to participate. You know me, middle of the night is great or whenever you so desire to assign me. I can't wait to see all this in action! God bless you dear Sister in Christ for being a godly leader and example. We need more like you. My email is
scrbkmaniac@aol.com

Unknown said...

Yes, Susan, definitely yes! I want to participate. You know me, middle of the night is great or whenever you so desire to assign me. I can't wait to see all this in action! God bless you dear Sister in Christ for being a godly leader and example. We need more like you. My email is
scrbkmaniac@aol.com

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm praying about whether to commit to this. I'm already in two prayer groups here. My husband is going to our church 4:30-5:30 a.m. tonight(morning) We call it Adoration. Round-the-clock prayer is so powerful!

Katherine

~~Deby said...

Susan,
I want to do this.
My schedule is so erratic due to sleep patterns...horribly irregular. Can I be a floater...sometimes I am up in the middle of the night...sometimes I am up at 4 am and it is just weird...what can I say...but I do indeed want to do this.
I truly believe in the power of prayer.
Do you think possibly you should add on a prayer blog for those of us who are on your prayer team ?
Just thinking out loud here.
With the upcoming election, the horrible weather, the food shortages, gas prices...etc...and our own and our cities...well there is so much to pray for.
TO include me, and you and all of us...that we would remain faithful and glorify the Lord in all we do.
Susan, I fall so so short...
Love,
Deby