Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CELEBRATING


Just to let you know we don't only stay home and make laundry soap & tend bees,
or call ambulances to take us to the hospital!

We are leaving for the wedding of a very special person to us.



Mr. & Mrs. Kyle Morris
August 10, 2008

Kyle, last Christmas when he was home on leave before going to Afghanistan. I almost fainted when I opened the door and there he stood.

Kyle. and another young friend, James, Christmas 1999.

We met Kyle, and his family, in 1998 when we first moved to Coweta and his family attended church with us. Kyle's father, Brody, was the Youth Pastor and Mickey headed up the Food Ministry at Church On The Way.


The Morris Family moved into our home when Mickey and I decided to spend time traveling extensively in our RV. What started out to be 6 months ended up being
4 years. We returned May, 2004.

The Brody Morris Family
the day they moved in and we hit the road
June 29, 2000
(back row) Kasey, Brody, SIL Josh & Kim
(front row) Kari, Evette & Kyle


The 5 Morris' lived in our home
Josh & Kim just stopped by to tell us goodbye.
We all attended the same church up until December, 2006 when we left.
We consider Brody our "adopted" son.

Addendum: I had written this but hadn't published it yet, before we had our hospital episode Tuesday. Brody, who works as an EMC called the hospital to talk to me when he saw the name "Joyce" on their report. When the nurse walked in the room to tell me I had a phone call she said "It's your son." Imagine my surprise when it was Brody. Then later in the day he came by the house to visit and to lay hand on and pray for Mickey. There are no "accidents" in our lives with our Wonderful God.

post signature

13 comments:

Shirley said...

How special to have an adopted son! You and Mickey look great for the wedding.
Praying you are all doing better - can't imagine how scary that would have been for you.
Blessings!
Shirley

Anonymous said...

I love you guys!

... said...

how special. i, too, have some "adopted" sons and look forward to watching them as they live their lives.

hope mickey is feeling better today.

Lori said...

Looks like you had a fun time getting all dressed up for the wedding.

I hope that Mickey is feeling better.

Lori said...

Looks like you had a fun time getting all dressed up for the wedding.

I hope that Mickey is feeling better.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You guys are so special and so loved!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Susan, We have one of those "adopted" sons..Josh, and they can be such a blessing in your lives, can't they? You and Mickey sure keep things exciting! LOL! Bees...hospital runs...soap making...and dressing up for special events! :) So glad that Mickey only had a virus and hope that he is doing much better! (Not to discount the severity of a virus, those things can be terrible, but so glad it wasn't his heart! "smiles")

Hugs, Rhonda :)

Crystal said...

My word - I go away for a bit and you have all kinds of things happening! So glad that the hospital visit turned out okay. I'm sure you were worried - I can just visualize you praying and praying. That new computer looks very nice - yeah to faster and more blogging time :)) And how nice to see a young man all grown up and then praying with you.

Tammy said...

Hi dear Susan...
I'm sorry it's been so long since I came by. It seems I am behind with so many blogging friends lately...But I just was catching up and reading your harrowing experience with Mickey getting so sick! I'm so glad it wasn't more serious than it was...but can just imagine how scary all of it was for both of you! (((HUGS!)))

Loved the pictures of your "adopted son"! :)

Hope your husband is on the mend!
xxoo

The Olson's: said...

I love to hear stories about how God's hand weaves people through our lives. Thanks for sharing!
~ Leanne

MightyMom said...

So THIS is Kyle Morris??!!

He's been on my prayer list for a long time!!

May I steal his picture??

Tiffany said...

Hey Ms. Susan! If you have the time, I tagged you for a random meme.~Blessings!

Jean said...

You and Mickey look mah-velous on that top picture. I hope we look that good when we're 7o years old. You are such an inspiration to me.