Friday, February 6, 2009

CELEBRATING AGAIN - Aric's Birthday

Tuesday, February 3rd was Aric's 10th birthday. His dad told him he could pick the restaurant he wanted to have his family party at (but he couldn't pick Mc*D's or Bur*ger Ki*ng - which would have probably been one he'd pick!!!!!) He selected Mi*mi's and we made reservations.


The birthday boy, Aric, with Grandpa Mickey, Dad Marc & Sister, Oksana.



Uncle Dave, Aunt Suzette, & Cousin Jessica.

As you know, Jessica rarely gets to join these family celebrations because of her work schedule but she actually had the night off and got to come. That made the night even extra special.


Benny, Aunt Jacque, and Cousin Jessica.

Trust me, Grandma Susan was very present....I just was taking all the pictures and didn't get it any.


I wanted to bake Aric's cake and on Monday I saw Tammy's, This Country Girl, post about making a birthday cake out of cupcakes for her daughter. I just loved the idea so that is what I did.


You bake individual cupcakes and then place them in the shape of the age.
I had just shown his "10" to Aric.
The candles were letter's and I was able to place H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H on them.
This really worked well with the cake carrier to get them to the restaurant and then not having to cut a cake. Each of the 10 of us got a cupcake.

Here the wait staff is singing Happy Birthday to him.




Opening his presents - the best part!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARIC
You are one of the JOYS of our life.
We LOVE you and so does JESUS!!!!!

post signature

23 comments:

weavermom said...

Happy Birthday Aric!!

Mari said...

What a fun family celebration! I love the idea of the cupcake birthday cake.

Joy said...

How fun for him. Loved your idea on the cupcakes and #10. He's double digits now. I know he feels so big.

I totally relate on the restaurant choices. We have to do that with our girls if we let them choose where we eat. Anywhere, but those fastfood establishments.

♥ Joy

Maxine said...

Aww, what fun! I love the cupcake idea! Happy birthday to the birthday boy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Aric!!! =)

Looks like a great party, and I love the #10 cupcakes!!! =)

The Olson's: said...

Happy Birthday, Aric!
What a treasure to have extended family around to help celebrate. Thanks for sharing!
~ Leanne

Brenda said...

What a fun day!
I like that cup cake idea too.
Mickey is looking good, tell him hello for us!

Susie said...

Happy Birthday to Aric :)
He's just a couple weeks younger than our D (who would have also chosen McD's or BK!)
We love Mimi's too and it would be one of my choices for dinner out.
Love the cupcake idea!
xo

retha said...

Happy belated wish to Aric!
Do I see the grandpa sporting a beard?

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday Aric. Looks like a lovely family celebration.

Sohailah said...

Very Darling! What a wonderful warm woman you are. Reading your posts brings joy to my heart.

What a blessed and lucky boy Aric is!

Much love to you

Betty said...

Looks like he had a great time! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Mimi's must be a southern place. Beto went there this week for his birthday, too.

What a blessing to share this special day with your special 10 year old boy!

Devoted said...

Looks like a wonderful time. We have a Mimi's in Little Rock and it is one of my favorites! When our son turned 30 in October we had a surprise party for him and my grandsons decorated cupcakes and arranged in a big 3*0. Looks like a great trend and so easy! God bless you sister and thank you for all you do for the kingdom of God.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Aric! Cute cupcake cake!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Your cupcake "10" turned out great! I love it! It does make it easier...no cutting the cake! Happy Birthday to Aric! It looks like he had a great time! I know it's exciting to be in the double digits!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Tiffany said...

How sweet! Birthdays are always fun with lots of family. My birthday was February 2nd. And my son's is on th 16th. Lots of birthday fun this month!

Anonymous said...

Aric has a fabulous smile! It must light up your heart to see him :)!

groovyoldlady said...

Hurray for Aric and celebratory dinners out!

... said...

i love mimi's. good pic, aric. and happy birthday.

susan, i love how your family celebrates birthdays (and other occasions) together. it's a beautiful picture of "family."

Carla said...

My 23 yo son, Eric, wishes his name was spelled Aric. Happy Big 10! to your grand'baby'!

Looks like fun was had by all:)

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to Aric!! He certainly did have a wonderful birthday meal with so many loved ones present. Look at that smile on his face, you can tell he was loving it all:-) So enjoyed seeing all the photos. xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh we have a MiMi's here and LOVE it!