Monday, June 20, 2011

FATHER'S DAY 2011

The card below was given to Mickey by our youngest, Marc, on Father's Day June 19, 2011. 



 
The long typewritten letter that was enclosed, and read to the family by Mickey himself, was so touching and awesome.  I am so very thankful for the openness and love that our family has one for the other.  I'm thankful for children who are open and able to express their love for us and each other.  I'd love to share the letter here but I know that doing so would embarrass Mickey so I'll refrain.

Yesterday was our first Family Holiday and Celebration since losing our Suzette one month ago on May 19th.  We had a rough week dealing with our tears and emotions during the proceeding week but as we celebrated together it was wonderful, as it should be, and as we knew Suzette would want it to be.  We know that she was looking over the banisters of Heaven enjoying it with us!!! 

 Those present were:  Mickey & I (who hosted with a wonderful Ham dinner), Jacque, Benny, Marc, Oksana, Aric, & son-in-love Dave.   I intended to take a group photo and completely forgot. 

Missed phone call from #1 son, David, in San Francisco before we got home from church but he called back and had a nice Happy Father's Day talk with his dad before the others arrived for dinner at 2. 

I pray your Father's Day was as blessed as ours.

I am so thankful for the earthly father, Henry Harrison Errett, that blessed my life and who I loved and adored.  He is the one, from the earliest of age, who taught me integrity and honesty as he not only talked the talk, but walked the walk every day before me. 

I am so thankful for the father of our children, Mickey Wayne Joyce, who loves them with his whole heart and who walks out, on a daily basis, the values he holds dear and lives by.

I am most thankful for my Heavenly Father who has held my hand, and my heart, these many years since I made Him mine at the age of 18.  There is no Father like our Heavenly Father but I have been triple blessed to have and share in the lives of the all these fathers.



post signature

11 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad you had such a special day. The letter attached to the card makes it so meaningful.

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a wonderful card for a very special man.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

You are so blessed with a wonderful family! Glad that you were able to enjoy some family time.

Sharon said...

I am so glad that you are blessed with such a loving family.
What a great card from your son to his father.
We had a blessed weekend also.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs sweet friend

annie said...

Micky is very special. I have only met him in person once, but knew right away he was. I thought of the two of you and know that holidays make losses hard. It always comes down to the realization of how greatly blessed and loved we are by God and how much of a rock that is.

Betty W said...

I´m so glad you had your kids around for Father´s Day. Love the card your son got. It says it all. You are really blessed to have such a close family.

Maxine said...

Beautiful, Susan. What a lovely family. I just sent you an email, dear.

Kathy said...

Susan, there is a bit of a tear in my heart as I read this, and think of you all gathering without Suzette. I just feel it tonight, for some reason. Glad you all gathered. Weeping with you, and rejoicing all the same. Suzette celebrated with her Heavenly Father.

You are TRULY blessed with a wonderful family. Thank you for sharing them so openly and freely with us. Love you bunches!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Such a nice Father's Day Tribute.

I hope you are doing well. I can not even imagine how you must feel. I have two daughters and know how devastated I would be if I lost one. I don't know how anyone could go through that without the Lord in their life.

I haven't been blogging much, just recently did a couple of posts. We are leaving this weekend for two weeks, will be visiting families in several states.

I hope you read our PTL here:
http://thingsienjooy.blogspot.com/2011/06/im-back.html

Love and prayers,

Katherine

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm so happy that you and your family had such a nice day. Your post is a wonderful tribute to your husband who is loved so much by his family. Blessings to you. ~Cheryl

Barbara said...

How blessed you are.