Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A PITCHER OF LOVE - and potato soup!!!!

I have to be the most blessed woman on earth ------

1.  I was blessed with wonderful Christian parents who not only loved me but taught me basic values and responsibilities.  Who held me accountable from an early age.

2.  I was blessed to find Jesus in a BIG WAY at the age of 18 and to be able to build my life around HIM.

3.  I have been blessed to have shared 53 wonderful years with my wonderful husband, Mickey.

4.  I am blessed to be the mother of 2 daughters, 2 sons, 2 granddaughters & 1 grandson.

5.  I am blessed to have been nurtured, taught and grounded in MANY different churches over these many years.

6.  And last, but certainly not least, I have been blessed with many wonderful long-time friends over my life.

This pitcher is just one example:


I had the goal, on January 1st, to do a liquid fast for 21 days.  Well, I only made it to day 12. 11 1/2 days success and 9 1/2 days short of my goal.

We had plans to celebrate our good friends, Jack & Mary's January 15th birthdays (Yes, they share a birth date) on January 16th with our other long-time friends Don & Barbara.  Don was so concerned about what I was going to do about eating out at this lovely restaurant we were going to and not being able to eat.

SO, (unbeknown to me) he calls the restaurant to see if they have a liquid soup I could order.  They did not have anything Don felt was adequate so.......

When we got to the restaurant this lovely White Pitcher is sitting on the table full of home made potato soup, made by Don, for me. 

Now I don't know about you, but that is true friendship and love, above and beyond!!!!

Yes, I am truly the most blessed woman on earth.

post signature

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes you have been totally blessed and what a very dear friend to such an wonderful act of kindness.
Hugs

Mari said...

Yes - you certainly are blessed! And you know what? You are also a huge blessing!

Charlotte said...

Wow, I would say that was true friendship. I love potato soup. It's something my daughter always wanted me to fix for her when she was sick. Either that or a McDonald's plain hamburger.
You are very blessed as am I.
Charlotte

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You are richly, and rightly so, blessed. Love and huggles.

Kathy said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful thing for your friends to do, and in a pitcher that is now yours! That says "love" all over it!!!

Brenda said...

What a kind gesture! And I bet it was delicious!