Friday, January 11, 2013

"ME"

"Me is a most exacting personage, requiring the best seat and the highest place for itself, and feeling grievously wounded if its claim is not recognized.  Most of the quarrels among Christian workers arise from the clamoring of this gigantic Me.  How few of us understand the true secret of taking our seats in the lowest rooms."  ~~ Hannah Whitall Smith

In a world that screams from every side - me, myself, my four & no more & buy it NOW, pay later, no interest for 12 months, etc., etc., it is important to be reminded that 


Learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart.
Matthew 11:29

For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.
I John 4:20

Nothing sets a person so much out of the devil's reach as humility.
Jonathan Edwards

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst.
I Timothy 1:15

Yes, Lord, let me get "me" out of front and center and truly make it all about THEE. 

Remember to leave a comment to get your name in the blogiversary give-away drawing on January 21st.


post signature

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I think we all need that reminder my friend! Thanks.

Brenda said...

Amazing when 'me' is removed and we daily die to ourselves, how much more free we are!

Mari said...

This goes back to the pride thing again! I think I need that reminder every day!

retha said...

Interesting what happened here, opened my reader and there were two posts, posted at exactly the same time with exactly the same heading; "Me"
Suppose I should see something there.