Saturday, January 12, 2013

WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?


I often quote Francis Frangipane because his words speak to me.  "It is not what we do for the Lord but what we become to Him that matters. It is this inner surrender of the heart, this deliberate turning of our soul Godward, that defines our true progress."

I saw these words this morning and realized I had, just  prior to reading them, commented on a blog: "So important to know who we are in Christ Jesus.  It's always about HIM and not about us".


These two incidences tweaked my mind to ask the question:  Do we really know it's all about who we are in Jesus? Or are we caught up in who we are and what we do?  I'm afraid it's too often the latter.

"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his suffering, being made conformable unto his death."  Philippians 3:10

& "Not as though, I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:12  

Just some of my thoughts this early morning.  I want so badly to become ALL He wants me to be; no more and certainly no less. I want to hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

What about you?  What is your motivation in your Christian walk?  Would love to hear your comments.

Remember, leave a comment to put your name into my Blogiversary drawing on the 21st.

post signature

4 comments:

Brenda said...

So many are striving for Christ-likeness. And so many aren't, which is sad to me. There is a line being drawn between those who are 'pressing towards the mark' and those who are content to live their lives with a 'form of godliness buy denying the power thereof'. The unfortunate thing is the 'anything goes (or extreme grace doctrine) is so prevalent in the church today and I fear for those in the pulpits who are accountable for the teaching they feed their congregations. But also for those who refuse to get into the Word themselves.
done ranting! ;)

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Thank you so much for leaving your comment on my blog. I had wanted to visit your blog to see how you were doing in the grief process after you daughter's death and I managed to loose your URL.

Unknown said...

I think of Pro. 3:5&6 daily! I have to say that those 2 little verses help keep my motivated to leave it in God's capable hands. I daily need to turn things over to HIM as I see I'm about to make a mess of it! I love the quote you started off with in today's post. Thanks for that.

Also, let me add how happy I am to be getting comments on my blog. I know I'm not much of a writer but I love being friendly!

retha said...

All is in HIM. That I might be called obedient servant, friend of GOD. Theoretically we are all there, to see it physically is different. And yet is not about me. When I have died to myself then I won't even need to remember all is about HIM because that is exactly what will be.