Mickey teaches a 4th grade Royal Ranger group of boys every Wednesday night. Quite a testing for an 80 year old!!!
Their Patrol is called Coyote Patrol.I wanted to share a project my husband, one of the royal rangers boys & a friend just completed.
Their very own Patrol flag.
(1) The Coyote drawing was created by 4th grader Caleb Cook.
(2) Mickey took the drawing to Kinko's and had another print made and then had the 2 prints laminated, one for each side of the flag.
(3) Mickey & I went to the fabric store to pick out a fabric and found this yellow flag material we thought looked nice & bright. Mickey measured out the exact size for the flag.
(4) We asked one of my WOW Woman Bible Study woman, Kathy Robinson, to hem all the edges and make the placket at the top for the rod.
(5) Mickey bought the 3/4" square flag pole at Loews. He cut the 2 lengths to size and then cut notches in both poles to fit flush and glued them in place.
(6) Mickey went to Hobby Lobby and bought leather strips to decorate where the poles were joined.
(7) He attached a wild turkey feather at the end of the cross bar for added appeal.
(8) Mickey cut off the excess wood on the flag pole cross bar.
The finished project!
The Coyote patrol in formation as they practice for the first time with the new flag. There is another patrol in front and one behind.
Saying their pledge to the U.S. Flag, the Oklahoma State Flag & the Christian Flag as Caleb holds their Coyote Patrol flag during their opening service.
A project well done~~~~ Thanks Caleb & Kathy!!