Friday, March 9, 2007

Mr. Right Meme...from The Jungle Hut

My friend Rita posted this from Fiddledeedee! to her post and I thought it would be fun to do.

It is about my husband, Mickey. My Mr. Right

His age? 74

How tall is he? 6'

How long did you know each other before you got together? We meet one week-end at mutual friends in Santa Fe, NM> He was living in Colorado Springs, Co. - I was living in Albuquerque, NM. The following week-end he came to Albuquerque, NM> The following week-end he came to Albuquerque to visit part of the family of the mutural friends and 7 of us went to a drive-in movie. The next day,The friend called me and said, "Mickey said you were the girl he was going to marry." I not only was shocked but a little put out by the presumption. We married 9 months later!!

What physical features attracted you to him first? His good looks, especially his blue eyes.

What color are his eyes? Blue

His hair color? Black and he still hasMOST of it with some slight graying.

Hair style? Parted and always combed nearly.

Normal outfit? Blue jeans and boots when I met him. Now more casual slacks and buttoned shirt and loafers.

How did you meet? Oops...already answered that above.

How serious is it? Totally. We've been married 48 years and God has truly made us "one flesh".

Are you "in love"? Totally and it grows more and more each day.

Do your parents like him? Yes they did. Very much.

Do his parents like you? Yes they did and treated me lovingly from the first day I met them.

Do you trust him? Totally and completely.

Would you share a toothbrush with him? Yes without even thinking about it.

Would he let you wear his pants? We're not talking figurative are we.......they wouldn't fit!! NO, but he has a way of letting me "think" I do sometimes.

Do you have a shirt of his that you sleep in? No.

Do you like the way he smells? Yes, well....after he's taken his bath from working so hard on the yard and in his garden.

Can you picture having kids with him? Proudly wear that T-shirt!

What bothers you the most about him? That sometimes he doesn't listen to me as closely as I would prefer.

Does he have a temper? He can have if pushed to far, but his basic nature is calm, cool and collected and I love that about him.

Are you happy to be with him? We have been pretty much with each other 24/7 since 1976 when we opened a business together and then we were REA::Y close when we lived 4 years in our 30' 5th wheel while we traveled around the US and Canada.

Does he embarrass you in public? No, but sometimes I'm shocked by how direct he can be. For instance, asking a young person with a pierced nose, "Does your mother know you did that?"?".

Does he smoke or do drugs? No never on drugs. He use to smoke but Praise God gave that up..

Does he have any piercings? That would NEVER happen!

Any tattoos? No, and I'm so thankful for that because many of his age and veterans did that during the war.

Does he have any scars that you know of? Yes, on his leg from a childhool accident with his brother and a cisycle.

Is he a party dude or stay at home? He enjoys being with people, especially good close friends, but he also enjoys staying home.

Is he outgoing or shy? Very friendly6. People like and respect him. Little children love him.

Does he love his mama? Yes he did very much and that is one of the reasons he's been such a wonderful husband. If you want to know how good a husband you will have watch how much he loves his mother and how he treats her.

Would he hang out with you and your friends? Yes, he often does and is quite comfortable doing so.

Sing? Yes in church but not too well (neither do I!!). but he whistles great.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that! Very sweet and funny. Sounds like you both have a good sense of humor

Lori said...

That was fun to learn. Thanks for sharing.
I'm going post that on my site later if you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that! I can almost see you two...love it!

Momma Roar said...

What a sweet couple you are. I am glad I got to learn more about your Mr. Right!!

"If you want to know how good a husband you will have watch how much he loves his mother and how he treats her." AMEN, sister!

weavermom said...

This was fun - your man sounds like a keeper (but I guess you knew that already. :) )

My anniversary is next week, maybe I'll do this for that day. :)

Linds said...

How very lucky you both are to have each other. It is great to read about your husband!

Carole Burant said...

Hi Susan:-) Thank you so much for coming to visit me at my blog...I always love "meeting" new people!! I very much enjoyed reading your answers to this meme...I'm still giggling at how direct he can be! It's so wonderful that you've been together for 48 years...in this day and age, that's awesome!! xox

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Everything about that made me smile.

Delia said...

It sounds like you have a great husband and together ya'll have a wonderful marriage. I love how after only two meetings he knew you were the one he was going to marry!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

rena said...

Great meme...and thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm feeling much better now thanks!
Enjoy your weekend and your husband...though sounds like you already do!

Sandy said...

What a nice post! You two are a sweet couple that really compliment each other!

Missy said...

What a great meme! I love your answer to "Does he love his mama?" I could not agree with you more. This is one of the traits that drew me to my Mr. Right.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments!

Susie said...

This was great! I love reading about couples that have been together for years. It is such an inspiration to me.

Just Mom said...

Simply beautiful.

Theresa's Notes said...

That was fun to read, that makes the 2ed time I seen that. I may have to do that some time. lol

Rita Loca said...

I thought I had left a comment. But, I admire your many years of marriage! What a testimony. God Bless.

Lori said...

I've posted mine now. Sorry it took me so long. I had to work from 4:30 until almost midnight Friday night. Then we left first thing in the morning for Brookings for a shopping trip. This afternoon we had a birthday party. Then I had to work again from 6:00-10:00 tonight.

weavermom said...

I did do this meme for my anniversary today.