Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Night To Honor ISRAEL

Last night we had the privilege, andd I do mean privilege, to attend this Night To Honor ISRAEL.

We have been anxiously anticipating this service ever since it was announced. The meeting started at 7 p.m. and we arrived at 5:45 hoping to get a close seat. (they had opened the doors at 5:30) Boy were we wrong. We ended up on the third and highest tier of the new Victory Christian Center Sanctuary on the 4th row. The fabulous design of this new facility made it possible for even here to not feel we were missing a thing and it was a "good" seat. By 6 there was no seating in the main Sanctuary and people were being put in the over flow rooms.

The entire evening was fabulous. The music was awesome (there was a full orchestra and choir), the dancing absolutely beautiful, and ALL the speakers words were inspired. It all began with the presentation of all the names and banners of the 12 Tribes. At one point in the evening the numerous bongo drums from the orchestra actually came up into ALL areas of the Sancutary. I just wish I had video to show you!

The attendance was 6,279 and it was one of the joys of our lives to be joining together with God's people, Israel, and God's body, The Church, as we lifted our hearts and voices in ONE accord to our MIGHTY GOD.

The branch and the grafted in branches together.

The keynote speaker was John Hagee, from San Antonio, who founded Christians United For Israel. He told how God has lead him, over the past 26 years, in working to bring understanding between the Jews and Christians.

You can't really read this verse that clearly but it says "For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch". Isaiah 62:1
This verse says it all. For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake, I will not remain quiet. I would love to hear from others who have attended A Night To Honor ISRAEL I encourage any of you who have not to take advantage of doing so if you have the opportunity. Trust me...you will be blessed.
One other thing: the 6,279 of us gave an offering of $85,000 to the Mayor of Tiberias, Israel, Zohar Oved. Tiberias is the adopted Sister City of Tulsa. This is to help them recover from the last war with Lebonon where so many rockets were aimed at and landed on their city. He was literally speechless and almost in tears. That figured out to only $13.54 per person. (My old accounting background coming out here!) See how little it takes when we ALL participate.




23 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Really does sound like a wonderful time and I can just imagine how surprised the mayor was to receive such a large donation! You're so right, so much money can be collected to help if everyone takes part!! xox

Linds said...

The evening sounds amazing!

Momma Roar said...

Wow, sounds like a very special evening! Thanks for sharing it with us.

groovyoldlady said...

Sounds very exciting!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet John Hagee was awesome. He is so knowledgeable! A night to be remembered no doubt.

Karen said...

I've not attended one yet, but would love to. I usually tune into John Hagee on Sunday mornings if I'm home with a sick one, or sick myself.
I like your picture at the top of your sidebar. Congratulations on your 47 years!!!!

Susan said...

Sounds like it was wonderful. I got your tag for Wikipedia. I did this a few weeks ago, and will try and post the link to it for you to see.

Hugs.

:-) susan

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

Leann said...

I love john hagee.my grandson called him Gods little pit bull.cause he says it like it is and dont back down.I have learned so much from that man.
yes we need to bless Gods people.it says in the word "I will bless those who bless you,and curse those who curse you."God was saying that to his people.so My mama didnt raise no dumb kids'well there was my brother but thats another story"he he.I stand with the jews.

weavermom said...

Wow - I've not heard of this but it sounds like a wonderful, beautiful evening!

Susie said...

I have never heard of this event, but it sounds wonderful. I used to watch John Hagee on tv all the time. I don't think he comes on our tv station anymore even though I live in Texas. I am so glad you were blessed, and were able to bless others with your offering.

Rita Loca said...

I am so glad you shared this with us all who could not be there. It sounds wonderful.

Ruth said...

Wow! That sounds like a night to remember. I wish I had been there, too!

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed it! I stand with Israel too!

Portrait of Peter said...

How wonderful and amazing too - the event must have been and delighted everyone enjoyed the evening.

Also in raising much needed funds to aid the recovery of Tiberias.

Blessings to you all.

Trella said...

Sounds like a wonderful night. I am glad you got to experience it.
Blessings,
Trella

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing with us!

Mountain Mama said...

Oh Susan, what an incredible experience.
You wrote of it so well that I felt I was there and hearing the music and seeing the dancers.
I love John Hagee too.
This experience will keep you 'high' for a long time.
I have never been to anything like this. Thanks so much for sharing.
Also thank you for your prayers for little Ethan. They are doing an hour long MRI today, hoping it will show something.
God Bless you.

Barbara said...

Sounds like a wonderful meeting Susan.
I've just read through all your posts with interest. A wonderful story about your Mother.
I have been married 47 years also. I'll be staying in touch.

Unknown said...

That sounds very cool.

Thanks for coming to visit at my place :) I have seen your name on other sites I visit.

Curious Servant said...

Sounds wonderful.

(Thank you for your supportive comments lately.)

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing evening with us. Very interesting.

Beach Girl said...

I'm another one who has not heard of this. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Vanessa