Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A BOOK MEME

Jo, of The Road Less Traveled, tagged me for this book Meme. Since I love books I thought this would be a fun one to do.

1. One book that changed your life: Several but none more than the Bible.

2. One book that you have read more than once: Again several: Christians Secret To a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith - Andrew Murray on Prayer - Spiritual Authority by Watchman Nee - The Splendor of His Ways by Stephen Kaung.

3. One book you would want on a dessert island: My King James Bible.

4. Two books that made you laugh: Can't think of one because I choose to read to learn and grow spiritually.

5. One book that made you cry: The Day Christ Died - I can't remember who the author was. I read this book about 54 years ago and it had a very profound impact on my life and I have never forgotten it.

6, One book you wish you'd written: Cross Pollination by Lila Terhune.

7. One book you wish had never been written: Anything doing with the occult. I've never read any of them so I wouldn't know the names of them.

8. Two books you're reading: My Heart's Cry by Anne Graham Lotz - Glorious Appearing by Jim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins - Also reading Get Out of the Pit by Beth Moore as an Blog Study at Mel's World.

9. One book you're going to read: Don't have one in mind at the moment. I'm hoping one of the people I tag give me a recommendation of a great spiritual book to read.

I was suppose to tag five people but I am going to tag six!!!
Jennifer - KC - Barbara - Karen - Stephen & Carin


post signature

9 comments:

Jo said...

I'm so glad you went along with this! Your ardent love for our Savor is simply contagious, and the books you've listed will wind up in my lap one of these days; in fact, some of them I've already read!
Hugs and prayers,
Jo

Barbara said...

Susan thank you but if I do this it won't be for a while. I have so many things I want to post on and they keep getting pushed back as other things come up.
I also have approximately 650 books in my homethat I am working through so choosing won't be easy.

Rachel said...

Interesting blog. I'm reading "Get Out of That Pit" by Beth right now too. I'll have to check out Meg's blog study.

Karen said...

I have just finished the Book Meme

Ma Kettle said...

I love this meme, and I will get to it in the week. I explained my MIA in blogland on penofjen.

I missed you lots, and I really look forward to my daily devotion with you.

Take care
Jennifer

Larissa said...

I love, love, love "Get Out of That Pit", that book was profound for me!!! I hope you enjoy it too!

Mountain Mama said...

You do read a lot of great books. As I was reading your post, I couldn't help recall the one book that had such an impact on me. 'OF WHOM THE WORLD WAS NOT WORTHY' by Marie Chapian a true story which takes place in Yugoslavia around 1934. This book is one I highly recommend to everyone.
It is a faith builder just packed with wisdom. I think I'll read it again.

Lori said...

What a great meme. Lots of great books.

Julie said...

Susan, I love Hannah Whitall Smith. I have read and reread "The God of All Comfort". I also love Andrew Murray's books. I loved his book "Holiest of All" on the book of Hebrews.

I found your blog from Karen's blog and am new to the blogging world.

Blessings,
Julie