Thursday, July 14, 2011

BOOKS 6, 7 & 8 READ THIS YEAR

Here are the three books I've finished reading this year and just now getting around to posting about.


Lester Sumrall's book "The Gifts and Ministires of the Holy Spirit" is a book well worth reading.  I gleaned even more insight and understanding of this wonderful Gift of The Holy Spirit that has blessed my life and sustains me today in the difficult trial and testing of our faith that we walked through during the 7+ months of Suzette's battle.  I would highly recommend it. 


Oh my, have a big box of tissues by your side as you read Don Piper's story.  What really makes this book so special and a must read, especially if you are going through a physical testing in your life. is Don is living evidence of answer to PRAYER. 

This book was brought over to Suzette just 2 days before her passing.  I was blessed to read the Preface and the first 2 Chapters to her, with her sister, Jacque, also in the room, just 1 day before she got to see Heaven FOR REAL.  She was very alert and aware of every word that I was reading.  After the Preface I asked her if she were tired or wanted me to continue.  She said, "Go on."  After Chapter 1 the same response.  After Chapter 2 she said, "She needed to rest".  It gave me great comfort as I finished the book knowing she was experiencing the beauty, peace and joy of being with her Savior as I read.
post signature

6 comments:

Sunny said...

I heard Lester Sumrall in '89 when we were at the cancer center in Indianapolis while hubby was having surgeries there. He was a very big influence in our honey and beeswax candle business as the thing he said at the time that stuck with me was "do what you can and the Lord will take care of the rest". Talking about at-home moms using their talents to earn what they could and in doing so helping their families and tithing to grow God's kingdom. It was soon after that we added candles to our honey sales and then the goat milk fudge and cheese-maiking supplies. Our home business was "The Land of Milk and Honey" (Num. 13:27). We went from there even into pollination services and the business grew from 4 hives to over a thousand. God truly blessd our efforts! Mr Sunrall had a big part of that. (sorry to be so lengthy :)

Anonymous said...

I really want to real Heaven is for Real and 90 minutes in Heaven, I have heard so many great things about those 2 books.

Chris said...

oops...sorry, that last comment was from me...frazzled farm wife

Marie said...

Hi Susan! They sound like 3 very good books. I was looking through your blog and was wondering what thread you used for the Joseph's Coat of many colors prayer shawl you did for your grandson and also what pattern. It is very pretty! I am still doing prayer shawls for our church.
Love,
Marie

Jenileigh said...

I have read the first one by Lester Sumrall. I may have told you before that my own pastor sat under Mr. Sumrall. I find so much information in his books that I often have to reread, take notes and come back to things for it to sink in! I just received the 3rd book in the mail but haven't read it yet. I love reading. Thank-you for being such a loyal friend. Hugs

Becky said...

I read 90 Minutes in Heaven several years ago and loved it. I think the one thing that hit me was the sounds in Heaven. He talked about the music and the fact that it was unlike anything we've ever heard on earth. THAT I can believe. And I can't wait to hear it.