Back on May 25th I blogged about Mickey uprooting the dead Japanese Maple tree from our front yard.
We even had a little fun by posing a picture where it "looked" like Mickey pulled this out with a chain and his bare hands!
Once the tree stump was finally removed the next step was roto-tilling the entire bed, then purchasing and spreading MANY bags of a product called Back to Nature.
Next was purchasing & spreading these 6 bags of top soil.
Mickey also ordered 17 Gospher Baskets from California.
May 20-24, we took a break and made a 4 day trip to Dallas for the Hebraic Roots Conference-Revive 2013
Had a little "issue" with UPS and the Gopher Baskets because they claimed to have delivered them on Monday, June 24th at 5:15 pm. They claimed we were not home but they left them on the front porch. The problem was we had just gotten home from Dallas around 4 and we were home. After a trip to UPS in Tulsa, then a phone call to UPS tracking service just to be told we would have to contact the shipper.
To make a L-O-N-G story short - the manufacture sent out 17 new baskets. We waited.
Victory!!! Another step finished.
8 more baskets shaped and set in place for the next plants.
Another trip to the nursery where we purchased 8 Stell del Oro Day Lilys
Beginning placement of the first day lily.
We had just finished having a cup of coffee together and his taking a much needed break.
SATISFACTION of a job well done and a project ALMOST complete.
We lack one more larger plant to place where the Japanese Maple had lived and this whole project began.
A follow up blog when it is in place.
Mickey always does a beautiful, wonderful job of everything and maintaining our little abode.