Shepherd. Then in John 10:4 He says: "And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for theyknow not the voice of strangers."
As we enter this period in our country, and in our world, of so much change & uncertainity I feel the Lord is telling us, as Christians, to be alert . To use our ears to really hear, and use our eyes to really see, what is going on around us and what the Spirit of God is truly saying, and showing, each of us.
- Whether it is the President, or anyone of his cabinet, or a spokeman for him.
- Whether it is your Governor of any spokesman for them.
- Whether it is a congressman, or a senator, on the national or state level.
- Whether it is a corporate leader, or a business owner.
- Whether it is someone speaking for the medical profession.
- Whether it is your local school board.
- Whether it is your city councilor.
- Whether it is your local Pastor or any pastor or spokes person who claims to speak for God.
On the last one we know that if what is being said cannot be supported by Scripture then it is to be doubted and checked out.
We truly must listen and watch what is going on around us and being told to us.
As I posted in the previous post I am totally and utterly disheartened that one of Obama's first acts in govering is to reverse the abortion fund policy. I, for one, and I KNOW I am not alone, cannot understand how one can claim to be a Christian and stand for and support abortion. Supply of funding for abortions is certainly supporting abortion.
I am praying for President Obama daily, as we are instructed to do. I am praying for the Peace of Jeresulem daily, as we are instructed to do. I am also keeping my ears and my eyes open. I am praying that each and every one of us do that.
WILL YOU JOIN ME?
Having said all this.....one thing I know for sure.......God is in control...
we have nothing to fear if we stay under HIS covering and protection.