Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MY 100th POST

I can't believe I've already posted 99 times since I began 112 days ago on January 31, 2007. As is the tradition in blogland to post 100 things about yourself on the 100th post here goes. These are somewhat in chronological order but not entirely as I inserted various things as I thought of them. Some of them you'll know if you've been following my blog. Some of them are new.

1. I'm a Christmas baby.

2. When I was young I thought my parents should have named me "Carole" for Christmas Carole.

3. I was named after my paternal grandmother who died before I was born.

4. They almost named me Henrietta after my father, Henry. I am SO thankful they did not.
Sorry to any of you Henrietta's out there!

5. I was a forceps birth baby and had convulsions and almost died at birth.

6. I have no middle name. Since getting married I have always used my maiden name as my middle name.

7. My maternal grandparents lived in Missouri and I only saw them about 4 or 5 times in my life.

8. On one visit when I was very young I was out with my grandfather looking at the horses. One of the colts kicked me in the right chest.

9. I loved school and made very good grades but got D's & one F in Deportment because I talked too much!!!

10. I took piano lessons for 6 years and loved to play, especially classical music.

11. While many parents have to force their children to practice it was just the opposite with me. Many times my mother would say, "Susan, pleeeeese get off the piano!".

12. I took tap, ballet and toe for 3 years.

13. I met my forever friend, Joan, in the 2nd grade. She was 7 and I was 6.

14. I once had a horse run away with me when I was about 13-14. I had gone to the store to get ice cream at my sister's in Taos. When I finally got off I was still clinching the brown paper bag.....the ice cream had dropped out and splattered way before that.

15. I was on the National Honor Society.

16. For my final piano recital I played Edvar Grieg's Concerto in A Minor. I cannot play it today.

17. I started school at age 5 and skipped a grade so I graduated at age 16.

18. My sister was 12 years older than I. When she married they lived in Taos, NM and ran a dairy. I always got to spend time with them during summer and Christmas and loved it.

19. I remember by sister and brother-in-law sponsoring a displaced family from Hungary after the war.

20. When I was in the 7th grade I fell in love with Eddie. He was the first boy to ever kiss me.

21. Growing up there was a Spanish family who lived right behind us. They had a boy named Alonzo a year younger than I. He could not speak English. I could not speak Spanish. He learned English from me.

22. One of my life time regrets is that I did not learn to speak Spanish as a child growing up in Santa Fe, NM.

23. Alonzo and I were dear friends. I lost track of him and am so sorry. It would thrill me to pieces to relocate him. Alonzo Martinez from Santa Fe, NM contact me!!!!!!

24. When I was in grade school the "Freedom Train" come to Santa Fe and my father took Joan and I to see it. The only thing I really remember about it was seeing the original Declaration of Independence and the train itself.

25. The carnival would come to town each year and set up just out side the city limits. It was a big occasion and the whole town would come out to ride.

26. For as gutsy and adventurous a child as I was I never cared for any carnival ride that got far off the ground. About all I would ride was the tilt-t-whirl and the swings.

27. When I was about 7 I went to town with my father one evening when he had some work to do in the office. While he was working I went to The La Fonda hotel to play. I lost track of the time. When I came to his office my father had left, looking for me, and the office was locked. I was walking down the street crying and walked past the taxi stand. The taxi stand owner recognized me, called my mother and took me home. (You have to remember this was the 40's and a VERY different world from what we live in now.)

28. Continuing the father had called the police and reported me missing and they were broadcasting over the radio about my being missing. My father did not call my mother and tell her! One of her friends heard the report on the radio and called to comfort her about her missing Susan!! Who had now been properly spanked and put to bed. (Boy, did my dad get it when he got home!!! He was in more trouble than I was :o)

29. I met my high school sweetheart when I was in the 9th grade. He was a junior.

30. I got engaged when I was 15 years old.

31. I married when I was 16 years old.

32. I had my first daughter, Suzette, 12 days before my 17th birthday.

33. I had my second daughter, Jacque, 3 days before my 18th birthday

34.. In December, 1956, just prior to my 19th birthday, I had major chest surgery and a calcium deposit tumor the size of a baseball removed from my right chest. The Dr. believed this was from the kick I received as a child from the colt.

35. They x-rayed that area for 5 years before giving me a clean bill of health.

36. I was divorced when I was barely 20 years old. Suffice it to say I got complete and total custody of my 2 girls who were 2 & 3 years old.

37. Joan and I use to walk from grade school to downtown and then my father would take us home when he left work at 5.

38. My father would give us money every day and we would go to Woolsworth, sit on bar stools at the counter, and order either butterscotch sundaes or ham salad sandwiches on toast.

39. We would play around town during that 2 hour period: on the Plaza, in the band stand. at the La Fonda Hotel riding up and down the elevators, The Palace of the Governors, the Library, The Art Museum, etc.

40. One day while we were in the restroom at the Art Museum they closed up the museum. When we came out we found ourselves locked in. I called my father who had to call the museum director to come and let us out.

41. I accompanied the choir at Glorietta Baptist Assembly one Easter Sunrise Service.


43. I was church pianist in several of the small baptist churches we attended.

44. I met Mickey on February 29, 1958. Yes, it was a leap year.

45. We met at the home of mutual friends in Santa Fe, NM. He had come down from Colorado Springs for the weekend and the girls and I had come up from Albuquerque to spend the weekend with my parents.

46. The following day my mother, the girls and I were sitting in a doughnut shop when he walked by the window. He saw us and came in, sat down and met my mother and my girls.

47. The following Friday when I came in from work he called and told me he was in Albuquerque and staying with our mutual friends, Jane & Buzz.

48. That evening we went on our first "date" to a drive-in movie. It was me, my two girls, Jane & Buzz, their infant son, and Mickey. 7 of us.

49. The next morning (Saturday) Jane called me to tell me Mickey said, "You're the girl he's going to marry". I thought and said, "Who does he think he is?"

50. Mickey never returned to Colorado Springs & lived with Jane & Buzz until we married.

Are you still hanging in here with me?

51. When Mickey was going to buy my engagement ring I wanted to go with him to pick it out. He said, "No. It's my gift to you and I'll select it myself". I cried and begged and cried some more (that had always worked with my father!!) it did not work with Mickey. I learned right then who was going to be the boss in this family and it wasn't going to be me!!!

52. He bought me a MUCH nicer and more expensive ring than I would have selected.

53. I think Mickey fell as in love with Suzette & Jacque as much as he did their mother :o) A big selling point to this young mother!!! Most of our "dating" involved taking the girls to various places. I did hire a baby sitter for a few "real" dates.

54. We decided to go to Flagstaff, AZ to get married and then to Las Vagas for our honeymoon.

55. We wrote to the County Clerks office in Flagstaff telling them our intentions and asking what documentation we needed to brings, would we need blood tests, etc.

56. We arrived in Flagstaff and checked into our hotel rooms. Yes, plural!

57. The next morning we went to get our Marriage License to find out there was a 3 day waiting period for the blood tests. NO!!! I cried, we pleaded and told them they had not mentioned to us any waiting period when they had written us back. They waived the 3 day waiting period.

58. We were married in the First Baptist Church in Flaggstaff, AZ October 4, 1958. Exactly 7 months and 4 days after first meeting.

59. We spent our wedding night at the El Tavor Hotel on the rim of the Grand Canyon and drove to Las Vagas the next day and stayed in the Star Dust Hotel.

60. I was a cheerleader in Junior High.

61. In high school I was named the girl with the prettiest hands. I have nice long fingers and have always been blessed with nice nails.

62. When we were leaving to get married my parents came to pick up the girls and take them to Santa Fe while we were gone. They brought me a was an electric blanket along with this comment from my mother, "Don't you think this would be better than getting married again so soon?"!! As you can tell, they did not think what I was doing was the wisest choice I'd ever made. They were so, so wrong.

63. During WWII they had a Japanese Prison Camp in Santa Fe. I remember going out by it with my father and seeing the men standing behind the fences looking out. It made me very sad.

64. My mother and dad were involved in prison ministry and I would go with them. My dad would go with the other men to the mens section and mother and I would go with the oother woman to the womans section.

65. The prison was within the city limits at that time. One day my dad and I were driving down
the street and I saw a prisoner in his black & white striped outfi.. They had taken a manhole cover off and this prisoner was being put down there. I got so upset and started crying because I thought they were punishing him and going to put the cover back on. My father explained that
he was just on a work crew.

66. When Dewey was running for president he came to Santa Fe campaigning. Mother, Dad, Joan & I went out the 2nd story window of my dads office on to the first story of the next building and watched the parade as they went by. Joan & I were so excited because he was in a convertible. We had never seen a convertible.

67. Mickey began working for Greyhound as a bus driver in 1960.

68. Mickey legally adopted Suzette & Jacque and the decree was dated and official January 18, 1960.

69. In 1961 Greyhound transferred Mickey to Denver. We rented for one year and then purchased a brand new home in Thornton, a suburb North of Denver, on Mickey's GI Bill. $99 down and $116 a month. We wondered at the time if we could afford it.

70. Mickey had to go to Denver immediately and the girls and I had to stay in Albuquerque until the house sold.

71. My parents drove us to Denver and we stayed in a hotel. While there President Dwight D. Eisenhower and his entourage came to the hotel (I don't remember the name). We all stood at our upper story window and watched them come in.

72. I remember the "I Like Ike" and other campaign buttons of that era. Wish I'd hung on to them!!!

73. The first election I ever voted in was 1960 when John F. Kennedy was elected. I did not vote for him. My friend, Beverly, and I and our 4 children stood in line, outside in the cold, for hours to vote. I was 23 years old.

74. In 1964 they transferred Mickey to Tulsa. We moved to Tulsa March 1, 1964. I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with our first son.

75. Just before our Thornton house sold I painted one of the bedrooms with a 3" brush. Mickey was already in Tulsa working.

76. I HATED Tulsa when we first moved here. I was not use to the humidity and heat. The first time we went to the grocery store I turned a corner and there was an entire isle of bug spray. I said, "This sure must be a buggy place"! In NM you might have a 3' area of bug spray. I wrote home and told my parents, "If I ever doubted there was a hell I don't now because God has moved me smack dab in the middle of it".

77. Suzette started school in Albuquerque at age 5 where the cut-off date to be 6 was 12-31. When we got to Denver the cut-off date was 9-30. Although the girls are only 1 year and 12 days apart in age they were 2 years apart in school because of that difference in the cut-off date.

78. David was born 6-22-64. He had red hair. Suzette had brown hair and Jacque blond hair. When the nurse handed him to me I said, "Where did he get the red hair?". She looked at me rather funny. It wasn't until later that I found out Mickey had brothers with red hair. Mickey has black hair.

79. I had gone for the regular check-up and they decided they were going to induce labor and told me to go get my things and check into the hospital. We left, picked up the girls, went home, fixed lunch, ate, got my stuff together, took the girls to the family that was going to keep them and then went to the hospital. When we walked in it was "WHERE have you been. We've been waiting for you". I didn't know there was any big hurry.

80. Several times after moving to Tulsa the girls would come home and ask, "Do we have any Indian blood in us"? Of course the answer was "no". I think they felt inferior because so many of the class mates were some part Indian. The school would take a census because they got extra funds from the government for anyone with I think it was 1/64th Indian blood!!!

81. I went to work for Oral Robert Evangelistic Assn. in1966. It was in a solid marble building near down town. I was hired as a payroll clerk, then moved into an accounting position, and ended up being Executive Secretary to the VP of Finance. While in payroll I realized the Executive Secretaries made the top female wages and set my goal for that position.

82. The year enrollment began for Oral Roberts University they took us out of the accounting department to do the registration. I am very proud of the fact I participated in enrolling the first 300 students. Now it is a huge University with students from around the world.

83. The 5 of us, Mickey, Suzette, Jacque, David & I, were in attendance when Billy Graham dedicated ORU.

84. Greyhound was going to transfer Mickey to Springfield, Missouri. We decided we did not want to be transferred all over the country. By then the girls were getting involved in school, sports and activities and we wanted them to be able to attend the same schools with the same friends. Mickey quit Greyhound.

85. When we came to Tulsa we rented a house for 1 year and then bought a home just 4 blocks from where we were renting. We lived in that home for 11 years.

86. Marc, our second son, and last child was born August 2, 1969. While I was in the hospital I watched 5 year old David on TV on a local show called "Romper Room".

87. In 1974 Mickey won an all-expense-paid trip for two to Alcapulo, Mexico as a leading new car salesman in Oklahoma.

88. On July 4, 1976 (Bi-Centennial) Mickey and I opened our Real Estate firm, JJ Realty. We eventually had 12 associates working for us. One of my regrets in life is my father never lived to see me in his beloved business. He would have been so proud. My mother was.

89. My mother moved from Santa Fe to Tulsa in 1973 one year after my father died. She bought her own home but later, as her health was failing, moved in and lived with us a number of years.

90. In 1979 we were invited by some friends to go to the International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. We had no interest, or knowledge, about hot air balloons but being from NM and Albuquerque where we went almost annually anyway we said "sure".

91 Our first glimpse of a hot air balloon is what they call the dawn patrol. They put up just a few balloons right at sun rise. When we saw that first balloon light up like a light bulb in the sky we were so excited.

92 We returned from the Fiesta and Mickey began training for his Hot Air Balloon Pilot License and we ordered a balloon!!! When it arrived on May 19, 1980 we named her "Suzy Blue".

93. When Marc was 14 he began taking lessons for his Pilot License and had a big write-up in the Tulsa World as the youngest student pilot ever in Tulsa.

94. One of the people who flew in "Suzy Blue" is Anthony Mason. He worked for one of the local TV stations and took the ride and reported about it. Anthony Mason is now a news reporter on one of the 3 national TV networks. (Can't remember but I think it's CBS).

95. The local morning radio celebraty of the day, John Ehrling did an actual morning broadcast from "Suzy Blue" live.

96. "Suzy Blue" was the 3rd hot air balloon in Tulsa. The 3 of us, all close friends, were featured on the cover of The Tulsa Magazine.

97. We got a lot of attention every time we would fly. We would look down and it would kind of be like Pied Piper with all the children (cars) following.

98. In 1976 we purchased another home. A red brick colonial 3 bedroom, 2 bath on 1 1/3 acre with a circle drive. The girls said, "Why didn't you own a big nice home like this when we were home?" We replied, "Because we couldn't afford it then."

99. We closed JJ Realty the end of 1983 and March 1, 1984 moved to Albuquerque to take my ill mother back to New Mexico.

100. 1984-85 was the worse time of our entire 25 years of marriage. There were many extenuating circumstances: money pressure, problems with our oldest son, my mother so ill, problems within the marriage itself. We came very close to divorce. I just wanted to walk away but that hold Jesus had on me said, "No, that's not an option." I'm so thankful we worked it out.

Are you tired? I am!!! If you've managed to stay with me this long I thank you.

Sorry to leave this on this note with us just getting to 1985.

When you are as old as I am you have a LOT of history and a lot to tell.

I guess I'll have to say like Paul Harvey, "Stay tuned for the rest of the story!".



Momma Roar said...

That was great! I learned many new things! So, does Mickey still have that pilot license? I'm ready for my ride!!
I had to chuckle at the grades you received due to talking too much - they should have given you As, because now, look at your blog - your talking was not a bad thing!!
I think it would be so cool if Alonzo found you through this post! I've heard of it happening!
fun, fun, fun

Jill said...

Wow - this didn't seem like 100 at all. It's so interesting. My husband's sister/family live near Tulsa in Haskell. He grew up in Ok. City. I loved reading about the hot air balloons. I hear it's a magnificent experience.

Susie said...

Hi Susan,
Well I read all 100 and found it so helpful in getting to know lots more about you. I loved the fact that your parents bought you an electric blanket just before you were married.
Too funny!
Can't wait for the next installment!

Tracy said...

Wow! You have lived an interesting life, Susan. I wish that I could've done this for my 100th post!

Ruth said...

I LOVE your 100th post. Wow...did I learn a lot about you. HOT AIR BALLOON?! WOW!! That's so cool!! You will have to continue the can't leave it there!! Thanks for taking the time to post it!!

Rita Loca said...

WOW! I did not know about that tradition! I just posted my 400th..does that mean I have to post 400 things about me???
This was fun to read.

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing memory. Do you keep a diary of your life? I can't even remember yesterday. Your life is so interesting.
Hey, I always wanted to be on Romper Room. They lady looking at all the little kids never saw Ginger :(
Can't wait for the rest of the story. Man, my life seems so boring.

Myrna said...

Whew! I made it through all 100! Great story!I want to hear the rest.
I really enjoyed hearing about your childhood in Santa Fe. That is one of my favorite places in the world. We spent parts of several summers at Glorieta becuase of my husband's job. Our sons sort of grew up there. Our oldest one went back there to work when he was in college and met his beautiful wife! So, you can see, our family LOVES New Mexico for lots of reasons!

Mountain Mama said...

Wow! You have lived girl!
I found your story very interesting and when I read the red letterimg about when you received the Lord, I smiled. My heart and spirit smiled too. I remember that precious time in my life too.
God bless you Susan, and thanks for sharing.

TO BECOME said...

I enjoyed that so much. I can't wait to hear more from you. I am so glad we have met. You are such a blessing to me. love you, connie from Texas. Happy 100th post!! (((hugs)))

jennifer said...

Susan My Bill is a Christmas Baby! I love everything I have read, you are a strong person, and I am delighted to have read so much about you.

I cannot wait to read the next installment!

It is like a continuing story, and boy do I like those, it makes me look forward to the next read.

I am so grateful to have met you and love having such a connection with you!

BTW because you asked I posted some photos of my garden. I hope you like!!
Pen of Jen

Trace said...

That was a GREAT read.. AND a great introduction for me!!

Did you get to meet Billy Graham in person???

I'll definitely be back to visit again!

Hugs, Hugs

Trace said...

Okay.. i think my original comment got lost in cyberspace!!

But what I said was that this was a GREAT, GREAT read!! And a great introduction for me to get to know you a bit!! :)

Did you get to meet Billy Graham in person??!! WOW!!

You have a fabulous space here... I'll be dropping by again for sure!

weavermom said...

Loved this! I want to know what happened next - are you posting 101 tomorrow??

And here is my "I'm dating myself" question - what is deportment?

I'm so glad that you met a wonderful man and that you parents were wrong! :)

Kelli said...

I read them all and enjoyed learning more about you!! I loved the story about when you got lost...your poor mother!!! I got in trouble for talking too much in school too! LOL
Congratulations on your 100th post!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I loved it! Thanks for sharing all of that! Always nice to get to know you better!

Linds said...

Fascinating, Susan, and I am in the flow of it now and want to hear the next 100! I don't want to wait for another 100 posts!

Pear tree cottage! said...

"Henrietta" oops! ;) sorry just the Aussie humour!!! happening here at the moment.

No truly Susan that was wonderful and It is so nice to know you now a lot more then I did yesterday and may I say you and I have similar paths my first husband and I had our first child four months before I turned 17.

I am so pleased to have such a special blogger friend like you in my life and would just like you to know.

I'll be back soon

Liana said...

Congratulation on 100 blog entries! It was fascinating reading and wonderful getting to know you better. I hated that it stopped in 1985, I'm sure there are MANY more wonderful stories to be told!

Trella said...

Wow! That was neat. I learned so much about you. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Happy 100th post.

Missy said...

Wow! 100 post already? Congratulations!

Susan, I loved reading this. I forgot it was a list, and was very disappointed when it ended! I can't wait for more!

Lori said...

That was so much fun to read and learn more about you.
I knew a few of these things but learned many new things.
I giggled about you and your sister getting locked into a building. I also giggled about you getting lost and your dad getting in big trouble.
I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
Did you get my new blog addres:]
My 100th post is a few posts away.
I'm catching up on everyone's blogs. I've been busy getting ready for a garage sale, working, and babysitting.

Tina said...

Susan I thoroughly enjoyed this! And we have something in common: # 61! I also have very long fingers and long, strong nails!

I can't wait to hear more.

Susan said...

Momma roar - No Mickey no longer holds his Hot Air Balloon Pilot License. Sorry not ride with him.

Weaver Mom - "Deportment" (n) Conduct; behavior - I know I dated myself with that one but that is what they called it on report cards of my generation. I still have all my report cards by the way.

Tracey - No we did not get to personally meet Billy Graham in 1969. He was in Oklahoma City for a crusade in June of 2003 and we went and took our then 8 year old granddaughter. He was 86 years old at the time. He was very weak as his son, Franklin, helped him to the pulpit but once he opened his mouth the power of God was so strong he was like a young man.

Ginger - No I do not keep a diary as such. Since 1997 when Mickey gave me Oswald Chambers "My Utmost For His Highest" book I do jot down the year and something very important in that book on that day.

Glad you remember Romper Room. I have to share that my 5 year old David was VERY disallusioned being on that show....he found out the woman didn't really "see" the children and read the names off que cards. Not nice to lose that trust at age 5!!!!

Tina - Glad to know we have that in common. I'm sure we have more!!

Thanks to all the rest of you who read and left comments.

Carole Burant said...

Good morning Susan! Wow, you sure have led quite an adventurous life! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your whole post...gosh, how I remember sitting on those Woolworth stools for one of their sundaes:-) xox

Momma Roar said...

:( That's okay!!

weavermom said...

Maybe we should start a crusade to bring deportment back? :)

Sherry said...

God Bless you and your family! Feel free to visit my blog anytime. I will add yours to mine if you don't mind.

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the humble with salvation.

Annie said...

You left me wanting to read more! I got to the end and had to look to make sure there were 100. My husband grew up in Tulsa too, his mom and aunt still live there. You have had an interesting life!

Barbara said...

Yes I got to the end Susan. Are you still going to write your life story. At least you have done the bare bones. We have got even more in common. I worked for Oral Roberts over here in England about 1955

Anonymous said...

I bet the rest IS going to be GOOD!! This was really, really fun to read!!

Susanne said...

Hot air ballooning has always been a dream of mine! Great list and Happy 100.

Thanks for popping by my place today! YOu are welcome anytime. It's always nice to meet another fellow blogger!

Dawn said...

I enjoyed your hundred things. I ended up doing mine in about 5 days instead of all at once. It's on my sidebar. It is so interesting to hear about people's lives.

I saw your comment about your prodigal. Thank God he came home. My returned prodigal and I are writing his story, and it's on my sidebar as well. We'll be doing Part 9 this week-end.

I sent my husband up on a balloon ride for his 59th birthday and he just loved it. I love watching them float across the beautiful Colorado skies.

Dawn said...

Oops - make that 50th birthday.

michelle said...

I am so impressed you listed 100 things. I missed this tradition on my blog. :-)

I learned a lot about you. Married at 16 and 2 kids by 18 WOW~

Fun post

Beach Girl said...

It is wonderful to get to know you better! You are leading a full and wonderful life.

I'm wondering if I can even come up with 100 things about me! LOL

Brownies and lemonade are ready at Yahweh's Retreat! I'm back after several days of too much busy-ness.


Kelly said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my post about my sweet girls' 10th birthday:-)

I loved your 100th post! It was so interesting I was caught up in the story and disappointed when it ended. Please tell us more about your life- you have a great way of sharing it:-)

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

What a great post and way to celebrate your 100th!! I'm sure it took quite awhile to pull that one together! It was fun reading through and learning more about you. I'll look forward to the next one! Blessings, Diane

Lyndy said...

What an interesting life you have led. I am anxious for part two.

Since I am a redhead, I know what you mean. I am the only one for 4 generations in my family.

I remember the show Romper Room and I just loved it.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Sue Seibert said...

Hey, I stayed until 100, and I'm glad I did. What a fascinating life. Do you still see Joan? My forever friend, Dianne, lives about an hour away and we see her often. I love the Albuquerque Ball Fest. That Dawn Patrol is wonderful to watch.

God bless you, Susan.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this and am especially rejoicing in #42!

groovyoldlady said...

Absolutely facinating! I read the whole thing. Happy 100th post!

pearlie said...

Wow ... what a great post. Thanks for sharing. Now I know I am a year older than Marc :) I'm curious, what's his hair colour?

Larissa said...

that was really good! Amazing life story and I look forward to the rest!

Anonymous said...

I read all of it, and it was easy to stay with. Fascinating! I loved reading all of it. Being locked in the museum was a childhood dream of mine, from a book I read about two kids who liove, hiding out in the Met. i remember Romper Room! I grew up in Calif and lived in Texas for awhile. I am not sure where I know the show from.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
Im Kavita from India...I simply loved all the 100 that u wrote... you definitely lived an interesting life... and I wish I met you in person to 'see' you...

Im in a hurry right now so I wud get back later and write to you...

Love you in Christ,
Take Care,

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

What I learned from your life story is that you like to be led. First it was your father, then your husbands, now God. I suspect that regardless of who is doing the leading, it is being led that you like. But perhaps writing this blog is a way of asserting yourself and your independent identity. It's never too late.

Anonymous said...

Just read the interesting things about your life. Loved the one about moving to Tulsa and thinking it was like living in hell when it is the bible belt of the US. That one was pretty funny. I also see that you and Mickey have just accomplished your Jubilee anniversary. What a testimony!!!


Tim Hopton said...

I am excited to read the rest of the story...