Monday, July 30, 2007

WRITTEN ON STONES


Jennifer, my wonderful friend living in New Mexico and the first blogger whose wonderful voice I was priveleged to hear when she called me, has issued the following challenge:
My challenge to my blog friends is this: write 8 of your blog friends names in a unique way and post them. Then come back over and let me know. You must write the blogger's name that tagged you, then add 7 others. Be creative and if possible use the natural wonders of the world!


When I first read this yesterday and saw Penless Writer written in the beautiful White Sands of New Mexico I thought......there is no way I am going to know what to do mine on although I loved the concept. Then I thought of my rocks, picked up from all over our travels, and decided to put my precious blogging friends names on them. At a later point in time I will tell you more about these particular stones and you will understand better why I chose this medium.

Here are my 7 choices. As always, if you wish to not participate in this challenge that is permitted.



Of My Life as Annie. Annie is a fairly new blog friend of mine, and a fellow Okie!!! Annie has a sweet and wonderful outlook and a deep faith and trust in our God. I am so very thankful I have met her.


Of A Frazzled Farm Wife. I've been following Christ since she began her blog and commented on mine. Her life, as that Frazzled Farm Wife, is about as different as night and day from mine. I love how she shares their farm life and it is so interesting and informative to me because I've never been exposed to farming. I also admired the close knit family that she, her husband, son & daughter are.



Of Living to Learn & Learning to Live. I've named Leigh Ann for so many things, and I know she was also pegged by Jennifer at the start of all this. BUT, I could not list these name with out hers because she has been such an encouragement and help to me, almost from day one of my blogging. She was also the second one to call me!!!!




Of Just A Thought is also one of my dearest blog friends and just like Leigh Ann I have to have a stone for Ginger. Ginger always has the most wonderful pictures and words to bless us with. I admire her open and tender heart. Ginger blessed and surprised me with a phone call, too.





Of Pearlie Gates. Pealie is my dear, dear precious friend from Malaysia. Pearlie blesses me with her deep study and thinking on the scriptures. Again, she and I are about as different as night and day. She is very, VERY deep thinking and I am very, VERY simple. As always, God is so wonderful to bring people who aren't just like us to add such a wonderful dimension to our lives. I appreciate and treasure you very much my sweet friend from so far away.





Of Rocking Chair Reflections. Linds is the first person I met from the United Kingdom and her name is very misleading. She is anything but a person sitting in a Rocking Chair!!! She is, and has been facing, very difficult circumstances in the lost of her dear husband with a grace, faith and steadiness that I admire so much. She also has the most divine sense of humor and many times I find myself laughing out laugh. I treasure you dear sweet friend.







Of Ramblings from an English Garden. Barbara & I have about decided we were twins and we just didn't know about the other. I've already written about all the things we have in common. What we do not have in common is her beautiful English Garden which is such a delight. Also, she has retained her slim girlish figure and mine has vanished! She has given me the biggest shock so far in blogging when she phoned me from across the pond. I'm still reeling from that one and loving to tell everyone about it.


post signature

28 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Susan
I love that you used the rocks from all over!

I will cherish this so much. I think that your choices are fun and can't wait to see the mediums chosen!
Have a great Monday!
Love Ya
Jennifer

Pen of Jen said...

I added *written on stones* to my sidebar...Thanks Susan!

Anonymous said...

The stones are really cute, Susan!! Great idea!! =)

Lori said...

Great job. Looks like fun!

Dirty Fingernails said...

I love that idea... I did something similar, I have the names of grandmothers and moms on rocks at the bases of roses.. Each planted to remind me of them.

Unknown said...

On stones!! How am I going to top that?? Great idea Susan! Have you seen what Theresa used for hers yet? Go check it out!

Momma Roar said...

So great - sand...stones...I'm gonna have to think hard on this one! I love your idea and I love my rock!

Tammy said...

Such a fun idea...and so creative! :)

Jen said...

How neat is that!!! Susan, I am so glad that one day we were both reading Adrienne's blog that you e-mailed me. I always love your comments and love reading your posts. I pray some day we can meet face to face but if not, I will see you in heaven. Have a wonderful day my friend!

Barbara said...

I'm happy to do this but cannot do it for a few weeks. I am trying this week to begin with my Oxford trip posts. Am away next week. Then I also have 2 other tags waiting to be done so I'll add this one to that list and will let you know when it's done. Will look forward to hearing about your stones.

Theresa's Notes said...

Written on stones, wonderful idea. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea! People have done many things in my life regarding my name, you know, gingersnaps, gingerbread, gingerale... This is a first, now I'm a rock!

Thanks for including me in this treasure. My father would be so proud being a gravel company man :)

Karen said...

Well how cool is that!!!!
Have a great week!

Linnee said...

Hi! I noticed your comment on Brin's blog, and I thought I'd be neighborly and pop my head in over here. Your site is lovely. I'll definitely be coming back to visit often! God bless you. :)

Lindy

Linds said...

aytyiI love your stones, Susan! And thank you for the challenge.... I am going to do it in NZ!!!! I will try to be original!

Kelli said...

That is so sweet, Susan! I love the rocks!

Kelli

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Hmmmm....going to have to think of something unique!

Carole Burant said...

That really is such a fabulous idea!! Love the way you used your rocks to write their names on:-) xox

TO BECOME said...

Jennifer wrote my name also. I am trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do. I think it is a wonderful idea. Have a wonderful week, Susan. connie from Texas

pearlie said...

Beautifully done Susan! and I am so honoured. Thanks to MY dear dear precious friend! (((((hugssss)))))
Deep thinking? :) ... too deep i think. haha.
I might not be able to tag 7 because the bloggers I know aren't the tagging type but I will try :)

Susan said...

I love this. What a neat challenge.

:-) Susan

Susie said...

Such a clever idea Susan! I love this idea :)

Ruth said...

Love it! What a neat idea!!

Momma Roar said...

I completed my name tag challenge today!!

Kimmy said...

that is so clever and sweet... what a neat tribute... I love it! ~ Kim

Short Stop said...

These look great! What a creative idea!!

Annie said...

Mine's up Susan!

inspired said...

Neat Very Neat ;o]