Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A GIFT OF BEAUTY FROM GERMANY

Anita from My Country Cottage Garden had a drawing of seeds from her beautiful Lupin flowers shown here. I was one of the three fortunate winners of the drawing and found out on August 3.

"And now, may I proudly present the three winners of my blue lupine seeds! The lucky winners are:
Jeanette from Australia over at Jen & Cazz's Chronicles
Susan from the US over at Penless Writer
Monika, my compatriot from Germany over at Country Living in the City"



Yesterday this letter came to Oklahoma all the way from Anita in Germany!!!
I was so excited when I saw it in the mail box and knew it was my seeds. Imagine.........!!!!!! If you had told me prior to January 31, 2007, when I began my blog, that I would be receiving Lupine seeds from a friend, Anita, in Germany I must tell you .....I would not have believed you. This is just one more example of this wonderful Blogland and the blessings that have come my way.

Anita sent the seeds in the lovely little package that says "To everything there is a season" in a little Teddy Bear Angel packet. Isn't that cute? This little packet was in the larger Teddy Bear packet in the upper left hand corner with her hand written "For Susan from Anita's Country Cottage Garden". As if this wasn't enough, she also blessed me with a Teddy Bear book marker that reads "In the garden of life, friends are the flowers in bloom" There was also a nice, laminated plant marker included that I failed to get a picture of.




Anita also included a hand written note & instructions that read " Important: Soak them in water overnight. This will make the seeds swell up and start the growth of the seed. Best wishes from Germany, Anita. P.S. I hope you'll like the little bookmark, too."

Once again, "But my God (who) shall supply all your (my) need (and above) according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19 What an awesome, wonderful, above what we can hope, dream or expect God we serve.

I really don't have the words, Anita, to tell you what a wonderful blessing this is me. I hope and trust sometime in the future to be able to post a beautiful picture of my lovely Blue Lupine all the way from Germany. Who'd of thunk it!!!!!

post signature

20 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Wow! I read the post that showed you as a winner! How amazing is blog land??

I think that this is wonderful!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?!
Thanks for sharing!

Susie said...

What a blessing you received! I can tell it means so much to you. Thanks for sharing with us.

Lori said...

Congrats. What fun to win.
Isn't blogging fun. It is so much fun to get stuff in the mail too from our new blogging buds.

candy said...

Very nice :)

Come by my blog later to see what I did with everyones names. Not ready yet but will post it soon..

Candy :)

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I hope those flowers do well in your flower beds.

Momma Roar said...

How cool!! I can't wait to see a picture of them blooming in your flower bed!

Knit-Wit said...

I have the same feelings as you do about bloggyland. It's amazing how women all over the world can connect with one another through the computer. I'll bet those pioneer women would have loved the internet!

Larissa said...

Thanks so much for what you said Susan! You made me tear up! Your life is an inspiration to me!

Kelli said...

What a wonderful surprise in the mail, Susan! Anita is so generous and very sweet!
Kelli

Nadine said...

That's wonderful. The flowers are so pretty. I'm happy for you and the blessing you received.

Rita Loca said...

Yeah! Good for you!

Maxine said...

That is so sweet! You are so right--there are so many blessings in Blogland. Enjoy and congrats on winning!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so neat! i am very, very happy for you!

Anita said...

Dear Susan!

Thank you so much for this lovely post! I was such a great pleasure to prepare the envelopes for the three winners and I am more than happy your are one of them!

Good luck with the seeds! And of course, you'll need to show a picutre of the flowers next year!

Best wishes from Germany,
Anita

MightyMom said...

blogging buddies are the best!

Pear tree cottage! said...

Susan, what a wonderful world we live in knowing there are gentle souls out there who care about our day, who share theirs with us and who are friends yet we have only ever touched each others lives by way of a simple comment or a helping word.......You are right who would have thought!!

I think we call them Russell Lupens Here in Australia but either way your show and tell of beautiful blue Lupens in full bloom are worth waiting for.

I see with your lovely comments on my blog our son's paths are similar and our hearts are filled with the same blessings for our son's too. That is very nice to know.

you have a lovely day as it leaves us now filled with much Wednesday Joy.

Lee-ann

Lallee said...

Oh, how wonderful! Doesn't Anita have the most beautiful garden EVER? I declined on her seed give-away as lupines do not grow here in Florida. Sniff. I hope yours grow beautifully for you!

Justabeachkat said...

Congratulations! Lucky you! Can't wait to see them in full bloom.

Hugs!
Kat

Barbara said...

So excited for you Susan. I almost went into this draw but then decided I had better not go back on my decision to not have flowers in my garden, only shrubs and roses. Very glad for you. I love Anita's garden.