Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thank you and a VERY busy week

First, a BIG thank you for all your prayers and thoughtful comments.
As always, what Satan meant for harm our wonderful God & Savior has, and is, turning into good.
As many of you who have dealt with divorce and all the ramifications, especially to the children, know there are things and issues that raise their ugly head that must be addressed. They have been, and are being, and the ones involved are on the road to recovery and solutions.
*************************************************************************
Last week was a very busy week. We had Aric for the week and he attended our Vacation Bible School on Monday through Thursday from 9-noon.
He loved it and learned so much. He memorized all his Bible verses and knew all the various day's Bible lessons.
Here is a picture I took the first day of he and grandpa just before they entered the church on Monday morning.
The Vacation Bible School program was on Thursday night and Marc, his dad, and Oksana, his sister joined us for the program and then a carnival and eats they had afterward. I took my camera ...... and can you believe, we were having such a good time I forgot to take a picture one. Oh well, we have the memories!!!

Yesterday both Aric and Oksana came out and spent the day with us.

Oksana and I were watching TV and they gave a recipe that looked really good. I had all the ingredients so Oksana made it

Here is the cook, Oksana, taking the As Simple As Pie - Pie out of the oven,

Here is the recipe. It has only 4 ingredients and is really simple.
As Simple As Pie - Pie
1 Can - Cherry pie filling
1 Can - Crushed Pineapple
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 Stick Butter
Mix the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple in the bottom of the cake pan.
Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over and on top of the fruit mixture.
Cut the stick of butter in chunks and cover the top of the cake mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Yummy!!!!! And soooo easy.

post signature

20 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Yummy! Sounds like a great recipe. I bet is was great to spend some fun time with the kids!

... said...

the recipe sounds yummy.

so glad to hear from you. i was ready to send out the search party aftern not hearing from you in nearly a week. hope all is going well. and you have been in my prayers.

Momma Roar said...

I love the idea of a morning Bible School week. Ours is in the evening and is coming up soon. T and I are teaching together...oh boy, that could be a post! :)

The pie looks yummy and Oksana looks like a natural in the kitchen! How fun to be able to make something just after seeing it on the tv! :) I have such fond memories of baking with my grandmother - I loved her pancakes the most!! :)

Shirley said...

That is one of my favorite easy recipes! We call it "dump cake" - and I just had the thought that I could make that in the camper! I tried cobbler's and they didn't burn - hallelujah! The gooey on the bottom kept it from burning, I guess.
So glad to hear that those hurting are attempting to heal. We also have a recent divorce in our family and it is heartbreaking to see the kids almost destroyed through it.
Blessings to you!
Shirley

retha said...

One thing that is so wonderful for me is the relationship you have with your grandchildren. To have a grandmother willing to be there is something one can not attach value enough too.
Aric such a sweet boy!

Tammy said...

How fun that Aric spent the week with you and went to VBS!
Good for him for doing such a great job with his lessons!

That recipes looks scrumptious!!!

Oh, today is my oldest's birthday, so if you have time, come over and help me wish her happy birthday! :)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a yummy recipe! Sounds so good! Huggles!

Unknown said...

Hurray for VBS and the fun Aric.
Oksana looks like she enjoys the kitchen too.. How nice for you all to spend time together.

Rose of Sharon said...

That looks so good! I want to try it! How neat the Aric got to go to VBS! VBS is so important and so good for the kids!

:0) Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy to hear you are back to blogging and doing better.
I have to try that recipe. I'll bet you can do it with any fruit.

Nadine said...

I'm sorry for the troubles your family is going through. My prayers are with you.

Looks like the grandkids had a great time with you both.

Dawn said...

If you poll your adults in your church, you'd probably find that most were saved either at VBS or at camp as a child. It is really amazing.

I've had that recipe before - it is indeed yummy - I can just smell it!

I am so glad that things are smoothed out - Satan will continue to try to rough things up again, but we know Who is in charge!

Humble wife said...

Susan
I am so happy that your son and grandchildren have you and Mickey to lean on and to be uplifted by.
Jennifer

The Olson's: said...

That IS an easy recipe! I might have to try it! That's great that Aric enjoyed the VBS. And I'm glad to hear that things seem to be working out with your family members.
~ Leanne

Ms. Kathleen said...

LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE and claiming it for my family and camp... " As always, what Satan meant for harm our wonderful God & Savior has, and is, turning into good."

God is good, all the time!

Keeping you all in my prayers and that recipe sounds wonderful and fattening and wonderful! Ha!

Maxine said...

Yum! That sounds wonderful. And I ALWAYS forget to take pictures when I go places. Happy fourth to you!

concerned parent said...

Glad things are looking better for your moods and the treat sounds yummy!

Brenda said...

That does sound good! I'm gonna try it tomorrow for the 4th.
Have a great holiday weekend!
God bless America!
Brenda

Peculiar Blogs said...

mmmmmmmmm we make that too! We call it dump cake! I was just saying on the fourth that I was craving some dump cake! :-)

Emmy went to VBS at a Baptist church over on Oneta. She had a blast.

Brenda said...

Hello Susan, just wanted to let you know that I tried your Easy as Pie recipe. It was a hit! I made it with 2 cans of pinapple instead of the cherry filling since my 2 persnikety gals don't like cherries. I'm sure it tastes better your way. But, it was delicious this way too. Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful week!
Brenda :)