Saturday, February 28, 2009

SERIOUS THOUGHTS & Some Solutions

So, as we are watching our world, as we have known it, go swirling out of control I have had, and am having many thoughts.


First, I want to assure you I have no fear.


You cannot have fear and faith at the same time. I choose (you know it really is a choice!) to walk in faith a long time ago.



Many are losing their homes. People cannot afford the heavy debt load they have placed on themselves. Our unemployment rate reached 7.6% Friday. Even those who still have employment are unsure of their future. Stocks have dropped by huge percentages, even delaying or aborting retirement plans of many. Our government is placing a crushing load of debt that will reach even to our grandchildren or beyond. It is indeed a sobering scenario. War, and rumors and fears of war, everywhere.


We are fast moving toward the end times and the One World Government. We are seeing it on every front and in every thing.



We are fast coming to the time when the Light is going to grow lighter, and the dark is going to grow darker. We are certainly seeing the encroachment of darkness on every front. The time, spoken of in Revelation, where you cannot be lukewarm any more. "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth". Revelation 3:16 Where we either stand up tall, and without fear for Jesus, or we don't. Where we take the mark of the beast, or we don't.





Having said all the above, I truly believe it is time for us to begin taking the necessary steps to get our individual houses in order.......both on the practical and the spiritual side.



I am going to continue this post by listing 12 suggestions of things we can begin to do immediately on the Hands & Hearts...for HIM!! blog. Please click here and continue reading this post there. Thanks!!!


post signature

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Many are losing their homes. People cannot afford the heavy debt load they have placed on themselves"

We know people who are losing their homes because their jobs are gone. They can't find work and with a drastic cut in income, the house becomes too heavy to even the most responsible person...

Carla said...

I will be following your lists. I admire 'older' people who have experience under their belts. Our church leaders have told us for decades to prepare, and continue to do so. I know this is the 'calm' before the storm, and I, like you, choose faith (after all, we know which team wins, and which team we are on:)

Thank you for taking time to share:)

Betty said...

In theses times of financial crisis it´s somehow good to live "at the end of the world" in Paraguay. Our home is paid for and we have a Coop that supports us. My husband has his own business and we feel blessed to still be able to make our living.
But we pray for your country that things will get better again!

Shirley said...

We are meeting people that are having these very problems, too. I like your tips and suggestions on Hearts & Hands - thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jill said...

So very, very true. I have mixed opinions about the unemployment rate and I have to be careful how I say it. If you're unemployed, there are many jobs to be found. Not high pay and not great jobs, but usually most people can find SOMETHING to do. We've become too much a society of complacency and entitlement. And also...I find it so amazing that many people who are still employed in service jobs (working at stores, etc) still act as if they could care less if they provide any kind of help at all to people who are out there spending money.

Unknown said...

I so agree and thank you for this post, and appreciate the solutions along with it.. I will be following this one for sure.

Anonymous said...

I really am not fearful about it all just wondering what is coming

Debra said...

More now than ever before, I find I must keep my eyes on the cross looking unto Jesus! These are perilous days.

Great suggestions for saving!

Anonymous said...

I may be wrong but I believe the Lord wants us to live our lives continuing to look to Him and for Him. What we're living through is no surprise to God and He is still well able to look after us. I still think greed and discontent got us to the place where we are, do you?

kc bob said...

Many have been saying similar things for years Susan.. governmental spending has been out of control for most of the past decade under both republican and democratic leadership.

Sadly the church has of been a part of this materialistic environment that operates on credit.

Your list on the other site is a good one.. here's hoping people listen.

Mountain Mama said...

Great post Susan. I copied the suggestions and sent them to many of my contacts. My girls and I have been talking a lot about making preparations. We are all doing gardens and will be canning a lot.
It's a time when we all need to pull together with Christ at the head.

Debra said...

Hey Susan and good Monday morning to you!

Of course you can use that picture I have posted on my blog this morning, thanks for visiting and always leaving such uplifting comments!

Blessings

Nadine said...

It is hard time we live in. Preparation and prayer can only help.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Very good post and very good comments here too! In our area there are very few jobs to be found...not even low paying jobs! I feel for those who have become unemployed and wondering what they are going to do. I pray that things straighten out soon.

The Young Artist said...

I do believe you are right. There are so many things that are happening now. It isn't right for the government to take money from retirement. My grandparents are going through that too. I fear nothing, because I have my faith, just like you Susan. Or maybe I fear nothing because I am young and havn't expirenced life yet. Things will get better. And thats a promise soldier.

Anonymous said...

Susan,
My heart is sad and I pray for more people will come to the Lord's saving grace!
I watched Chuck Colson on Huckabee show @Foxnews. He was speaking about Christian faith and how we need to know what we believe and live it.
Thank you for standing up for truth!
Miriam :)

Dawn said...

Our son made a huge mistake and dropped out of school this semester - with only a semester of classes and a semester of internship left for his degree. Now he can't find a job to save his life. He's incredibly discouraged. It's hard to not be a bit afraid.