Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY FALL, Ya'll!!

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.
---
God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.
---
He open you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff -- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc.
---
Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see.
---
I liked this enough to share with all the pumpkins in my patch.
---
Happy Fall, Ya'll!!!!!

post signature

14 comments:

Joy said...

What a great message from a pumkin.

We are having perfect fall weather this weekend.


Joy

Mari said...

I heard this laast year and think it's a great description!

Maxine said...

I love that! Never heard that one before. So very true, indeed.

Sunny said...

I just love this up-lifting little message! And thanks for your comment on my blog post today ... You are so encouraging!

Dawn said...

I have seen this lately and really love it.

I also love the story about the reconciled couple!

See you in 5 days - can you believe it??

Brenda said...

That was a good one, Susan!
Thanks for letting me be a pumpkin in your patch!

Debra said...

"Scooping out all the yucky stuff"...how thankful I am for that! What a great Lord and Saviour!

Susan Skitt said...

Love that - do you know the children's book with that story - it's adorable!

Kathy said...

I love that. Some how I missed that you had posted this, but I'm glad I found it now. It puts a nice smile on my face! : )

Mountain Mama said...

Oh how cute!! I love this.
I pray all is well with you dear friend.

Nadine said...

That's lovely Susan.

I read on Grandma Dawn's blog you too get to meet. That's great. Have a wonderful time.

Tina said...

Oh that was SO CUTE!!! LOVE it!

Susan said...

Amen and amen. HOpe you're well.

Fitter After 50 said...

I've read that message before. It's a good one and exactly what it feels like.