Friday, September 24, 2010

A TIME OF TESTING!!!

My last post was about Vulnerability.... little did I know just how vulnerable our family would become.

First, we are dealing with some serious issues in the recent marriage of our son, Marc, and Deann. It is very hard to blend 2 families, especially when there are 5 children between the ages of 9 & 15!!! They knew that going in. Overall it is going well but they are having some on-going concerns with the oldest, our 15 year old granddaughter.

Second, we spent all day today in the hospital with our oldest daughter, Suzette. They drained a large amount of fluid off the right lung and also did a biopsy of an area. They let her go home for the week-end and we will get the report on Monday.

Who's report will we believe? WE WILL BELIEVE THE REPORT OF OUR LORD.

I ask that all you who read this blog and are prayer warriors to please stand with us and pray for our daughter, Suzette, and Marc's family.

II Timothy 1:12 - "For the which cause I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." KJV

"But I have no regrets. I couldn't be more sure of my grounds - the One I've trusted in can take care of what he's trusted me to do right to the end." The Message Bible

post signature

13 comments:

Unknown said...

"My dear, dear friends! I love you so much. I do want the very best for you. You make me feel such joy, fill me with such pride. Don't waver. Stay on track, steady in God." Philippians 4:1 (THE MESSAGE)

You and your family are in the prayers of our family. We love you so much; but never so much as your Savior does. Hang in there!

Devoted said...

Psalm 20:1-8 "May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your burnt offerings. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will SHOUT FOR JOY WHEN YOU ARE VICTORIOUS and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord GRANT ALL YOUR REQUESTS. Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we TRUST IN THE NAME OF THE LORD OUR GOD. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and STAND FIRM."

Keeping you and yours in my heart with a whisper of a prayer and sometimes a shout upon my lips.

In HIS grip
T

Maxine said...

Oh, dear Susan, I have written down your loved ones in my prayer journal as a reminder and I will indeed be praying for your family.

Roxanne said...

Yes, praying.

Jenileigh said...

Praying for Marc, Suzette and everyone in your family. Hugs

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your whole family as it will affect everyone when there is a problem with one.

Love you dear,
Debbie

Oklahoma Granny said...

I will be happy to stand in the gap for your family.

Mari said...

I'm standing with you! Praying for all.

MTJ said...

Hi Susan,

I'm standing in agreement with you and others regarding Marc, Deann, their 5 children (particularly your 15 year old granddaughter) and Suzette.

Psalm 138:8: "The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Thy lovingkindness, O Lord is everlasting; Do not forsake the work of Thy hands."

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

kc bob said...

I do understand a bit the challenges of a blended family. I will stand with you believing a good report in both instances Susan.

Debra said...

Susan,

I too will be standing with you in prayer. Blessings my friend.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will continue to pray for both your daughter and your son. Charlotte added it to the prayer blog as well.
Blessings,
Ginger

Barbara said...

Praying for all of you in this most difficult time. The hardest thing to see our children suffer.