Monday, September 26, 2011

A REMINDER

While helping our son, Marc, pack up things at the house he is selling, a few weeks ago, I stumbled on this picture.

It was taken Christmas of 1996 with my 2 granddaughters.  Oksana was 10 months old and Jessica had just turned 10 on the 23rd.

Just a reminder to me of how time flies and how very precious every moment is.  Also, a huge reminder of how very much I've aged!!!!  I was also celebrating my 59th birthday that December 25th.

Very happy memories.
post signature

9 comments:

Mari said...

I love that picture! You looked great then and you still do. On top of that - I bet you are more beautiful inside now than then, because you've been walking with God for that much longer!

retha said...

Ditto to Mari

Momma Roar said...

Beautiful reminder! :)

In '96 we were celebrating our first Christmas married! Wow, time does fly!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Time does fly at an amazing rate.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Great photo. I agree...time does fly and seems more so the older I get!

Betty W said...

What?! You were 58 in that picture? You did not look it, for sure. And so computer savy for your age, I´m impressed.

Brenda said...

I had to click on the picture to see if I was missing something! Definitely didn't look almost 59 there! Hope I look that good in 10 years!

Sharon said...

That was a wonderful photo of you.
I think that Mari said it all.
I also agree that times does seem to be flying by.
Hugs

Kathy said...

Well said, Mari. Susan....your beauty truly flows from the inside out. I love your transparency. Hugs from our household.