Monday, October 31, 2011

A SURPRISE & SOME EXCITEMENT - during my friends visit

I left out one day of my friend Joan's visit to do this separate post.

A little back ground:  a young man from our church, Markwayne Mullin, is running for Oklahoma's 2nd District in the U.S. Congress.
On Wednesday evening, after church, I receive a phone call from a woman, Debbie,  from our church who is working on Markwayne's campaign.  They were going to be filming a promotion in Oolagah, a small town 45 miles north of Coweta, and she said Markwayne wanted to know if we would come and participate. My first reply was, "Oh, he wants some older faces in the crowd!"  followed quickly with we would be delighted to but we had out of state guests who had just arrived.  Debbie said that would be fine "just bring them along."

So, the four of us, Joan, Jim, Mickey and I, met Debbie at Mullin Plumbing in Broken Arrow on Thursday morning at 9:30.  We piled into her car ,stopped to get another young woman from our church, Lisa, and the 6 of us head for Oolagah.

Joan and Jim watching the excitement as they take an unexpected side trip to Oolagah, Oklahoma!


When we arrive, we are surprised to see just a small group of people, as we were expecting to be part of a large group of spectators.  Here is Markwaye speaking with one of the men.  We then find out they are doing several individual promotional shots and we are to be in one.
Makeup has to be applied!!!  Mickey is always such a good sport.



Now it's my turn!!  What fun.
Who'd have ever thought!!!












I would love to show you a picture of us doing our shot........!!!!  But in all the excitement we failed to have someone take a picture, so I'll just have to describe it for you!!!!!

They had the 3 of us:  Markwayne, Mickey and I sitting on a park bench in front of the bank.  Markwayne is on the end of the bench, facing us, and I'm next and then Mickey, with his arm around me on top of the bench.  In the first scene Markwayne is talking to us and in the second scene I am talking to Markwayne.

It was such fun and certainly an experience we never expected to have.  We are so very blessed each and every day by the exciting life The Lord is allowing us to live. 

For your information:  Mickey made a commercial years ago for a bank with our hot-air balloon, Suzy Blue.  You can go here to read all about that.  

Blogger is being VERY mean to me this morning and deleted the following pictures and copy from above and I am having to re-add them here!!!

One of the camera men.

 Two more of the camera crew working with these sun reflectors.
Straightening Lisa's hair as one of the camera crew, standing in for Marcwayne, explains to these 2 business men and Lisa about their upcoming scene.
post signature

3 comments:

Mari said...

That's really exciting! I hope that when the commercial airs you may be able to show it here.

Brenda said...

What a fun surprise! I agree with Mari, let see you on TV!

Barbara said...

Well that was fun and so glad you had your roof mostly paid for.