Wednesday, May 23, 2012



It is the Lord who has begun the good work within us; it is He who has carried it on; and if he does not finish it, it never will be complete. If there be one stitch in the celestial garment of our righteousness which we are to insert ourselves, then we are lost; but this is our confidence, the Lord who began will perfect. He has done it all, must do it all, and will do it all. Our confidence must not be in what we have done, nor in what we have resolved to do, but entirely in what the Lord will do.  Charles Spurgeon

My life verse is Philippians 1:6 - "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".  I am ever so thankful that God planted this verse into my life, mind and spirit soon after finding Him as Lord and Savior at the age of 18.


Over these ensuing 56 years I have always been sure and comforted that it truly was the Lords work and my part was to remain in His hands as soft, pliable clay, and He would accomplish His plans and purposes for Susan. 


As I read these words from Charles Spurgeon this morning it brings me great comfort.  I just wanted to share them here, on Penless Writer, for any of you that might be struggling with trying to do it in your own power, might or will.  We cannot!!!  Plain and simple.  Quit trying!!!  Put yourselves totally in His hands and then watch and be amazed as you see your life unfold.   


HE IS SUCH A GOOD GOD 
&
HE LOVES US SO MUCH.

post signature

5 comments:

Sunny said...

No better place to be! Every time I have tried to "do it on my own" I have royally messed it up. I also use this verse as an encouragement concerning my children. Have a blessed day, Susan!

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful reminder Susan. I so love that verse and stand on it and claim it. There's no doubting the certainty of it is there?

Mari said...

That is such a wonderful verse, and a good one to have as your life verse. I like your additional thought of remaining soft and pliable, so He can do that work!

Angie said...

Susan, I've sent you a couple of emails asking for your address so I can send you the mug rugs you won on my blog in April. I don't think I've heard back from you, but if I have I apologize. I just can't find the info. Please, send me your full name and address to:
angie@creativityltd.com

Thanks, Angie from Angie's Ad Lib!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love this verse. Thanks for the reminder, Susan.