Friday, August 10, 2012

a 2 z - D = DAILY


DAILY we must make a choice to stay in the wonderful, gentle, caring hands of God or try and do it all by ourselves.  I choose to stay safely in His hands.

DAILY - Mickey and I many years ago, while we were both still working and had to get up very early each morning to do so, began a DAILY routine that we do unto this day, and will do as long as God gives us. 

 We begin our day by first reading 2 devotionals:  My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers (a birthday/Christmas gift to me 12-25-97) and recently adding The Word For You Today (a 3 month devotional given to us by our church). We continuously read through a different version of The Bible.  We are currently reading The Scofield  Reference Bible that was given to Mickey on March 27, 1959, at the time of his salvation, by Pastor Charles H. Yates.  This morning we read Amos 2&3.  We then add a Chapter of a current book we are reading or studying.  This morning it was the final chapter of The 10 Second Rule by Clare De Graaf, which we are finishing up this Sunday in our small group Real Christianity. Then we sit side by side, on the couch, hold hands and pray.  Mickey prays first and then I pray.  

I give praise & glory to God, and God alone, for helping us establish this DAILY start to our day.  It has not only helped each of us to grow steadily in The Lord but it has built the very strong marriage that Mickey & I share and enjoy.  Believe me, you cannot be in His Word and in Prayer DAILY and be at odds with each other for very long.  

DAILY - This book of the law shall not depart out of they mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:  for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8

DAILY (actually moment by moment) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.  Psalms 119:105 

I would love for you to share your DAILY routine in your comments.  If you don't have one please begin to start each day in The Word and Prayer. 

post signature

2 comments:

kc bob said...

"a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"

How true Susan. Thanks for sharing.

retha said...

Probably the easiest way to sort differences in a marriage is to read and pray together as you have been.