Friday, December 28, 2012

A PANDORA CHRISTMAS & 75TH BIRTHDAY - 2012 #3

Having a December 25th Birthday I have always had people say,  "It must be awful to have your birthday on Christmas."  I have never felt that way.  In fact, I have always felt it was very special.  First, because it was the day we celebrated Christ's birth but my parents also made it a special day for me when I was growing up, and Mickey and my children have always made it special, too.  


I must say that this 75th Birthday "tops the cake" as they say!!!


Our family had decided this year for Christmas we would draw names and get a $100 gift for the name we drew.  My oldest granddaughter Jessica drew my name.  


She presented me with a beautiful sterling silver Pandora bracelet  & a round heart ball.  I am stunned and very pleased.  What a special heartfelt gift.

Then out comes another little bag from Jessica for my birthday - a Bible charm for my bracelet.  I am asking Jessica to put them on the bracelet and place it on my arm for me.  She says, "Well, wait just a little bit."  

No wonder she had said that.  Then here come little pandora bags for each and every one of my kids and grandkids!!! 
My wonderful, thoughtful, creative oldest granddaughter Jessica had come up with this grand idea and contacted her mother, Jacque, and they then contacted all the other family members.
What blesses me the most about this is~~~~
It's so something Suzette would have thought of and done, 
so God put it on Jessica's heart and she is picking up the mantle. 

A 3 sided triangular "J" from Jacque - for "Joyce" & "Jacque"
A 3 sided triangular "S" from David for "Susan"
Can you tell I am already in tears?!!!
Next, came a box from Marc 
A dangling Cross Charm with inbedded sparking gems from Marc
A narrow ring of Amethyst gem stones from Oksana representing her February 20th birthday
An identical narrow ring of Amethyst gem stones from Aric representing his February 3th birthday.
And of course, Marc's sweet, special words Birthday card to me, his mother, that always makes me cry.  
ANOTHER little bag from Jacque with a dangling Zircon enclosed in a round silver ring, which she purchased as a gift from Suzette!!, to represent our 4 December birthdays:  mine, Suzette, Jacque & Jessica.  How special and thoughtful is that???  
Then last, but certainly not least, is my crying face as I read Mickey's wonderful Birthday card and  the last charm from him
A dangling sterling silver heart that says "Believe" 
AND
He took it to another place and had it engraved on one side:
"75" for my age
and
"54" for the number of years we've been married.
Jessica is holding the bracelet with all the charms she has been placing on it as Jacque & I are looking at the heart and getting ready to add it.

My sweet "girls" place it on this very emotional, thankful, and blessed mother, grandmother, and wife of the best family any woman could be blessed with.  

Last, but not least, phone calls from Oksana, in Indiana, and David in San Francisco wishing me Happy Birthday and all of us
A very Merry Christmas.  We all spoke and passed the phone around. 

Thank you family, and especially Jessica for being so creative and thoughtful, but most of all, thank you Jesus with giving me these precious people to love and share my long life with.
  
post signature

12 comments:

Mari said...

What a wonderful, touching gift! You truly have been blessed with an amazing family!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

What a wonderful family have you been blessed with.
Your braclet is a thing of beauty...I love it.
Hugs

Betty W said...

What a thoughtful loving gift! You can cherish it for many years to come and add more charms. Love it!
Happy belated Birthday Susan!! May God bless you in the coming year.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is special and wonderful and brought tears. Huggles friend.

Shari England said...

Oh my goodness Susan. What an emotional read. I can imagine the actual moment. I would have been a mess too. Reminds me of Prov. 31 -- "Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying: “Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all.”

What a beautiful Christmas story Susan.

Unknown said...

oh it's gorgeous! the cross charm brought tears to my eyes!

Brenda said...

I've never seen a Pandora bracelet...how beautiful and unique. What a beautiful surprise!

Momma Roar said...

I LOVE this! So thoughtful and wonderful! I can see why it needed a post all its own! :)

Sunny said...

Susan, I am so happy for you, I almost cried myself! What a beautiful and thoughtful way for your family to celebrate your birthday! Wishing you many more blessings this coming year!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy 75th!!! I just love the idea - what a wonderful family.

Crystal said...

What a precious gift, Susan! Enjoy wearing it often!