Tuesday, August 20, 2013

LATEST READS

In preparation of our facilitating each new Real Christianity Small Group Class, Kent & I review several books, asking The Lord for direction.  

Kent recently purchased 3 books for us to preview - God's at War, by Kyle Idleman  and Altar Ego, by Craig Groeschel, and the one we selected to do, which I will blog about at the end of our current study which is just a few weeks from now.

FIRST

 SECOND

Although both of these books were ok they were not what we felt this class needed at this time so we selected the 3rd  (as yet unnamed) choice.
.
One section of Altar Ego that did speak directly to me and my  heart was the 11th Chapter  on Bold Words.  He stated 4 reasons we must, and do have Bold Words:
#1 - "Because I believe so deeply, there are times I must speak boldly to myself.
#2 - I believe so deeply, I can't help but encourage you.
#3 - Because I believe so deeply, I can't help but lovingly correct you. 
#4 - Because I believe so deeply, I can't help but lead you toward Christ.
I certainly related to all 4 of these reasons to have Bold Words.  I will also add MY PERSONAL #5 - Because I believe so deeply that our time is short, I MUST and DO speak boldly.

What about you??  Which of these resonate in your Spirit?

I failed to scan the 15th book I just finished reading.  I borrowed, and returned it, before I remembered to scan it. 

  post signature THIRD
SPIRITUAL ESSENCE by Janet McBride

I am beginning to learn about Essential Oils of The Bible, and currently studying the book
HEALING OILS OF THE BIBLE by David Stewart Ph.D.  
This is not a book you "read" quickly but one that takes a lot of time and study.  Janet McBride's book went along with this subject and I did read it quickly so I could return it.
I have also purchased and am in the process of studying:  
RELEASING EMOTIONAL PATTERNS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS 
by Carolyn L. Mein, D.C.

Are there many of you, like me, who are finding there just does not seem to be enough hours in the day to accomplish all I feel I need to learn, and do, at this point in my life????? 

  
My prayer is my time is spent doing those things that DO matter and WILL matter 
IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Of course my most important reading and studying is
GOD'S WORD - The WHOLE Word - Old & New Testament
which is my daily food and spiritual nourishment. 
MY LIFE LINE!!!! 

No comments: