Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ARE WE BECOMING?

It's not what we have Accomplished, but what we have BECOME!!!!

I just read this statement this morning. How profound!!!! This truly is what we, The Body of Christ, need to hear and realize. Sadly, so very much of The Body is all caught up in WORKS, and what they are accomplishing, and never BECOMING what God intends each and every one of us to become.


God will mold and make us exactly into what He has in mind for us individually if we will but yield to Him. His word is FULL of "being conformed" - "a new creation in Christ Jesus", etc. Oh, but there is that pesty bit about "dying to self"!!! That's so hard, that hurts so much, and oh, how our flesh rebels against that discomfort.


It is so much easier to just be "doing things" that look good, and get attention and acclaim, rather than truly listening to God, hearing HIS voice, and doing what HE is leading and telling us to do.


The really hard thing is we never "get there" and we keep having to fight that "good fight of faith" day in and day out. BUT, His word is true and sure and if we keep pressing on, sometimes even "having done all, stand", we will BECOME as He is "for we will see Him as He is" .


Oh, that's what I want for 2010.........How about you?


Footnote: If any of you, who belong to the Hearts in 1 Accord prayer blog, are reading this blog please check in on the prayer blog and let me know you are still reading it. Thanks!

post signature

12 comments:

Joy said...

Wow we could just do a year long word study on the word Become.
Thru Jesus we might Become the Righteousness of God. That just blows me away. 2 Cor 5:21.
So many more verses, but I pray like you I'm becoming more like Him and I'm still fighting this flesh.
Thanks for the encouragement today.
♥ Joy

Sandra said...

Oh, I agree and sometimes we want to become what God made someone else but we need to be satisfied with what God wants Us to become.

Sandra

Mari said...

That is so true. As you said we look to much at what we or others are doing. God doesn't though - he looks at what we are and knows what we will become!

Michelle said...

I had to come check out your blog, I noticed your comments on a few blogs I've been following. Dying to self...I've had a problem with that from the day I became a believer!

Maxine said...

That is exactly my wish too, Susan. Self would love to be in control, but I pray for the strength to crucify this old flesh and live by the Spirit in the coming year.

Just Mom said...

Yup. Exactly what you said. :-D

Sohailah said...

Great words. Thank you for sharing.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It's what I want! Something to strive for and work towards....I know I have not followed through on this very well!

Midlife Mom said...

I think yielding to ones self is one of the hardest things to do. If we try to do it on our own we will fail every time, only with God's help will we become the person we are supposed to be. Fabulous post, very well put! I also went over and read your testimony. Amen sister!!

Debra said...

Oh that is my prayer this year...to "become" more like Jesus.

Brenda said...

Obedience is a vital, all-continuing process to Becoming as He is.
Good thoughts, Susan.

Tiffany said...

Beautifully said! My word from the Lord this year is obedience. I look forward to what I will become in His sight, not the worlds, not mine, but HIS! ~Blessings!