Saturday, September 11, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY 2010 #11 - Blessing Basket

I had blogged earlier about receiving one of these blessing baskets that one of the young woman in our church had started and given to me. Then I blogged about passing it on to a young single mom in our church.

Well, I just thought this was such a wonderful idea that I got a basket and made up another one to start around.
Here is my little filled basket with the tag that reads:

A blessing basket

filled just for you,

with cheerful thoughts

and prayers, too!

Enjoy your gift

but when you're done

please fill it up

and pass it to

another one :o)

The reverse side of the tag reads: If you are unable to fill it up that's OK! Enjoy your gift and return the basket to Cowetqa Assembly of God. 486-3110 Have a blessed day!
The person I choose to present my blessing basket to, and start this chain, is Thelma. Thelma attends the Monday morning Bible Study we go to and she and I worked together in the Klothes Kloset at the church up until I quit to help Mickey with The King's Kitchen. She is a wonderful, jewell of a person.

Here she is with the basket. Betty, her co-worker is looking on. I presented it to her on Thursday when the two of them were busy sorting and going through bags of donated clothing at the Klothes Kloset.

I am posting this here on Spiritual Sundays, even though I had already posted about it on my blog the other two times regarding the first basket. I just think this is such a wonderful idea and wanted to share it here and hopefully many of you who read Spiritual Sundays will pick up the idea and get it going in your Church.



Please let me know if you do!!!

post signature

10 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

what a great idea...it's a really nice thing to do.

Renee said...

How nice to do something so special for others....

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea. I am sure it will bring a lot of joy and comfort to folks who could use a "perk me up." Happy Spiritual Sunday!!!

Momma Roar said...

I think this is such a fabulous idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful idea!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

A blessing basket...what a wonderful idea!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is a very wonderful thing to do!

Charlotte said...

That really is a neat idea, Susan. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Joy said...

I can imagine that just made Betty's day. What a hard working woman. - Just like you.
I'm glad you thought of her.
♥ Joy

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love this idea. I may have to think about this for our church.
Blessings,
Ginger