Saturday, May 18, 2013

TREASURE - On Earth & in Heaven

Tomorrow (May 19th)is the 2nd year anniversary of our Suzette's departure to Heaven. I have been struggling this past week and in tears many times.

Friday night our son, Marc, called to invite us to meet him and Grandson Aric at Egg It On for breakfast Saturday morning.  We met at 8:30, enjoyed a wonderful meal & time together and then they came over to the house to check out something on Mickey's on-line X-Box Golf Game.

At least that was the pretense~~~because after they had been here awhile Marc pulled this out of his pocket with, "I know what tomorrow is, Mom, and I wanted to get you this charm for your bracelet."

A beautiful woven silver charm for my PanDora to represent our family "woven together" in love and eternity.

Of course the tears were falling before I could even get it open.  I am so thankful for the treasure of my children and yes, even one leaving us prematurely can never break the unity of this family that God has "woven together".

Suzette, you are so greatly missed by ALL of us,

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."  I Thessalonians 4:13 

Yes, this family has love and this family has hope and I'll see you again, Suzette. 

post signature

10 comments:

Mari said...

What a treasured piece to your bracelet. You have wonderful kids and grandkids and it's a blessing to know you will all be reunited someday.
I always remember Suzette's homegoing day as it's the same as my Moms. It will be 10 years for her on the 19th.

Shannon Bee said...

Susan, Sorry for your loss

"The faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel"
Colossians 1:5

-Shannon

retha said...

I remember the bracelet!
Have and had you in my thoughts.

kc bob said...

Beautiful Susan! Moved me to tears! What a wonderful gift given by such a caring son! I rejoice with you that our names are written in heaven!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hard to believe it has been two years. What a wonderful surprise for you. Gentle huggles.

Kathy said...

I was sure this was the day, and came over to your blog to check specifically. I love you, Susan. I appreciate the tenderness of your own son that he would commemorate this day in such a beautiful way. I see the charm also representing the way you yourself are wrapped in the arms of the Lord and cannot be separated from His love. Wish I was there to share some of the tears and hugs. Much love.

Sylvia said...

A little piece of metal is transformed when it's given by such a caring and thoughtful son with beautiful words. May it encourage your heart every time you look at it dear Susan

Anonymous said...

Hugs and Prayers for you and your wonderful family.
Been thinking about you.

Sunny said...

Thanking the Lord for the peace only He can supply to you and your family. What would we do without HIM?? Beautiful charm for your braclet!

Barbara said...

What a lovely thought.