Monday, July 15, 2013

I LOVE WEEDING ~~~


I dislike yard work very much.  Mickey does all the mowing, gardening, etc but I LOVE TO WEED. 

The Lord blessed us with a several very heavy downpours of rain through the night so the ground was super wet and moist.  And, as a bonus, the temperature is very low for July 15th in Oklahoma. I took advantage of these blessings and decided to weed a section of fence line in our back yard that desperately needed it.  

 One of the piles of pulled weeds. (Mickey was dead heading the climbing rose bush so that's what the red roses are.)
This was from the first 6' of bed I pulled.  Then I had to rest my back a minute so went in, sat down, & had a cup of coffee.

 The second big pile of weeds I pulled.
I went out to pull another 6' or so.  I was tired and my back was telling me about it, but I thought "no", I'm going to finish this now, so I finished the other 12' section.



 If you could put the above 3 pictures together you would have the total area I weeded.

The long shot of the entire area.

Ok - now the main point of this blog.  Not to show off my accomplishment, even though I am very pleased with it, but to expand on why I love weeding.

Over the years God ALWAYS speaks to me when I weed.  There is such a lesson and connection between weeds in our yard and sin in our lives.

When weeding you MUST pull-up the root!!!  To just take a hoe or not pull hard enough to get the entire root is self defeating... because that weed will almost immediately begin growing again.

So it is with sin!  If we just "cut out" what can be seen with the visible eye we may be making an impression on those around us, and worse yet, we are deceiving ourselves that we are tackling the issue or sin. But, that ugly root, where it all began, is still there to quickly rear it's ugly head and ensnare us.

God created the world even before He created man on the 6th day. God speaks to us ALL the time through creation: the sun, moon, stars, clouds, mountains, plains, rocks, animals, plants.  All of His creation. 


Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and godhead:  so that they are without excuse.  Romans 1:19-20

&

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night showeth knowledge.  Psalm 19 1-2


I am so thankful that God loves us so much that He speaks to us all the time, IF we will only have eyes to see & ears to hear.

Thank you Father God for speaking to my heart, and my life,  once again, even while doing such a simple task as weeding.  

post signature


7 comments:

Mari said...

I am just like you - Bob usually does the yard work and I hate to weed. You're so right about that application to our lives. I'll think about that the next time I have to do it.

retha said...

And How HE loves us!

As I was reading your words ma'am, I thought weeds grow over and under weeds. When one leaves weeds they grow in the dark places so quickly. But then I remembered a something I read of preparing beds. To put cardboard over the entire bed during the resting months, planting time there won't be weeds. This makes me think. My first thought for this, often the enemy is trying to tell us we are in a weed growing upon weed growing situation so we need to be busy weeding, when in fact we are in a cardboard cover situation and needs to just lie still.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Nice post, Susan. I'm not particularly fond of yard work, either. But, if I want flowers I have to do it. Hubby does the mowing and heavy work. I will think about weeding a little differently the next time I'm trying to get those pesky roots out of the ground!

Your flower gardens are going to be so pretty!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Wow...that's a lot of weeding! I really dislike yard work, including weeding but love your thoughts on it! Love it when you make me stop and think!

Unknown said...

"Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it."
Genesis 2:15

It all goes back to the Garden, doesn't it?

Brenda said...

Great analogy. Weeding isn't my favorite chore to do, just like getting rid of some sins that are pleasing to our carnal nature isn't fun (especially because those are the ones we want to hold onto) but the outcome is worth it.

Barbara said...

Weeding and pruning are most satisfying. After rain certainly helps too. After a 3 week heatwave and up to 95f last week we are awaiting forecast storms right now which will be a blessing. Not looking for trees uprooted like you though.